Is it ok to..?

AmericanRam

Been grading some papers today...and some of them really look like a 5 year old did them.These are supposed to be college students,but not with this.

Is it ok if I write dumbass on their papers? If you do not think so,what is a nicer way to say this sucks? At this rate only a couple in my class will get an A.

Harsh grader,me. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been grading some papers today...and some of them really look like a 5 year old did them.These are supposed to be college students,but not with this.

Is it ok if I write dumbass on their papers? If you do not think so,what is a nicer way to say this sucks? At this rate only a couple in my class will get an A.

Harsh grader,me. :)

Are you sure they are students. Check that out first as they might be making it up. I look forward to graduation day. You will be carried head high through the Halls as everyone shouts ARam ARam ARam, before they rename the College in your honour. You heard it here first. Ok, enough Master bating for one day, bedtime for me. Goodnight Jimbob.

Are you sure they are students. Check that out first as they might be making it up. I look forward to graduation day. You will be carried head high through the Halls as everyone shouts ARam ARam ARam, before they rename the College in your honour. You heard it here first. Ok, enough Master bating for one day, bedtime for me. Goodnight Jimbob.

Lol.Goodnight mate.

No, don't write dumbass. Very harsh criticism is fine, but it needs to be constructive. Most likely they haven't given a sausage about doing it, and just need to work harder.

Yes I plan to Skype with some tomorrow.I tend to be constructive as I can without being condescending.First time being a professor so still learning the ropes.

I'm surprised you find time mate to be honest. Will you be able to do it when you're over here?

Yes,but if I do make it to Leeds match will be Winter break anyway.Also I have tons of time to a point because I give initial assignment at beginning of week and check periodically to ensure everyone is commenting correctly on the discussion boards and other areas.

I also upload a Power Point for every week.Asides from that assignments are put forth so students can work ahead.I do answer a lot of emails however.

Cool.

I'm thinking of becoming a professor, what qualifications do you need?

Is it easier to get to be one over there, as it's a long job to get that high over here mate?

Just depends on the subject mate.I have a Master's degree in Library Science which is required for most University jobs.However for me to get tenure(essentially unfireable)I would have to get a Doctorate.

Then their is community colleges which I am not sure UK has?Anyway with those do not have to have a Master's persay in a lot of areas,just be a professional at it if want to teach(i.e. Electrician,welding,etc.)

Overall I would say somewhat easier to get teaching jobs than UK just because of the tons of more colleges the States have.

Can't believe it!

I've just googled the masters degree that you have and I got this reply:

"Congratulations, you have now been awarded a masters degree in Library science"

I'm made up :)

When do I start?

I could always use an assistant...would pay you minimum wage of course. :)

Archived