Mart Poom

AmericanRam

Great keeper, he was the #1 when I was growing up and first going to Derby. My first shirt was a goalkeeper one with his name on the back! 

Any else get a special feeling after Roos made that 1 on 1 save vs Reading in the cup and a chorus of rooooooooooooooos went around?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when I was the mascot and me & Georgi Kinkladze were shooting in warming him up before the kick off.

The lines man came over to check the nets were all intact and whilst he was stood in the back of the net i absolutely pinged a shot in the top corner and it hit the lines on the back of the head. Matt Poom ran over to high five me! was a momment I'll never forget!

My favourite player of the Jim Smith era. Pure class.

As good as he was, he could not keep Hoult out the team at times .....not as good as everyone remembers. Did very little after leaving us. Arsenal was his chance to step up, and he was unable to get in their first team.

Decent keeper, I watched his great debut at old Trafford. But I do not think he was as good as everyone remembers.

I started watching Derby in the Ravanelli season as a season ticket holder. I Remember him well from that season. When he came back with Sudnerland when he scored every one around me had there jaws to there feet. I was speechless. When full time went I was booing and clapping at the same time! (Odd huh.) When he came over thoe I stopped booing and started 'Pooming' so to speak and bowing to him.

Didn't see his best years all season but a great person.

Archived