the hype over the premier league is cringe worthy

Sexydadbod

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Championship one of the best leagues to watch football in and you could say for a number of reasons preferable to the Premiership, barring the obvious extra exposure, money and glamour, theres also a few downsides to it, uncompetitive matches, fewer matches, higher prices etc.

And American Football

Scandalous.

Do they advertise it as a grass roots, kids from the ghetto, father and son, replicated on a council estate kinda thing too?

I've seen that NFL thread. What's wrong with folk? It's gay Rugby

Spurs and Liverpool but their best teams out when beaten by Sevilla and Atletico Madrid.

Doesn't mean they are better, I could pull games out where Barca, Real and Bayern lost the odd game.

Cup games anything can happen

If you want pace and power sprinkled in with some of the worlds best players and a hint of unpredictability, then it's the Premier League.

What is so unpredictable about the Premier League? I've heard this saying so many times and I don't see how the Premier League is any more unpredictable than the German, Italian or Spanish top-flight.

Spain gets beaten with a stick because of it's supposed two-horse or three-horse race every season. It's exactly the same in the Premier League. 

Arsenal have never been title challengers, despite what the media say, and it's laughable to lump Spurs and Everton amongst those either. 

We all know who the top seven will be this season and we all know who the bottom five will be. So what exactly is unpredictable about the Premier League?

Doesn't mean they are better, I could pull games out where Barca, Real and Bayern lost the odd game.

Cup games anything can happen

Yeh you're right, you can't judge a league on single games. But if the quality beyond the top four in the Premier League was so good, then you'd expect a little more in the Europa League than two losing finalists in Boro and Fulham.

Atletico Madrid aside, Spain have won it a further four times and the likes of Athletic Bilbao, Espanyol and Alaves have lost in the final.

I don't think English clubs take it that seriously, a bit like the League Cup. Boro and Fulham made the final as it was massive for those clubs as it would be for Derby, Liverpool and Spurs are more interested in making the CL the next season.

Archived