Derby Depth

Jayweb95

Don't remember us having such a strong/youth side.. Our back 4 is brilliant 2 full backs fit the system perfectly.. Grant flys around his goal for us when needed, we have good keeper cover.. Shame GT is out but we brought in a great talent in OMG.. Seems like he can pick out a good pass. I never really new what all the hype about Hughes was while I was in America but watching him play lately his worth rate and vision is incredible. Russell is great, Bryson is class, Hendrick doesn't impress me much tbh.. He just hangs around and bangs some in.. Dawkins seems to be fitting in, would like to see him shoot more.. Martins leathal when he finds space, best is best option off the bench.. He gives us a new style up front.. Wing or on for Martin he can play either, something the fish couldn't do. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win the league.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have another look at Hendrick, he'll be a Premier League player for me. We're lucky to still have him.

Yeah, i would second that. He has progressed steadily since he orginally broke into the first team and has probably flown under the radar a little, maybe due to the performances and reputations of those around him.  Towards the end of last season we began to consistantly see some very composed performances  from him and he appears to have started this season in the same mould.  It does surprise me that he hasn't been linked with PL clubs a little more, but I'm more happy for him to keep flying under the radar and become a PL player with us!

Yeah, i would second that. He has progressed steadily since he orginally broke into the first team and has probably flown under the radar a little, maybe due to the performances and reputations of those around him. Towards the end of last season we began to consistantly see some very composed performances from him and he appears to have started this season in the same mould. It does surprise me that he hasn't been linked with PL clubs a little more, but I'm more happy for him to keep flying under the radar and become a PL player with us!

I mainly just see Dawkins running with the ball, Hughes passing balls into dangerous spots, Bryson being a huge threat, and Russell cutting in from the wings.. I don't think I even saw Hendrick on the ball against Rotherham before he scored.. I'm more than likely wrong though, I'm still getting back into actually watching them compared to watching YouTube highlights.

I mainly just see Dawkins running with the ball, Hughes passing balls into dangerous spots, Bryson being a huge threat, and Russell cutting in from the wings.. I don't think I even saw Hendrick on the ball against Rotherham before he scored.. I'm more than likely wrong though, I'm still getting back into actually watching them compared to watching YouTube highlights.

I thought Hendrick was terrible against Rotherham, the only decent thing i saw him do was put the ball in the back of the net. He did get the ball a few times before he scored....normally resulting in him losing the ball to the opposition.

He seems inconsistent to me, fair enough...he had some good games towards the end of last season but on a whole i dont think he's that great (although a lot would disagree)

I've never been the biggest fan of Hendrick, but I think he's easily the most rounded midfielder we have. He's gradually progressed and he's a solid 7 at everything. And he has the potential to be an 8 at everything. I've made the decision to consciously watch him more this season as I think it's easy to miss most of what he does. I think a good comparison is Aaron Ramsey. Hopefully he'll make similar progress.

I thought Hendrick was terrible against Rotherham, the only decent thing i saw him do was put the ball in the back of the net. He did get the ball a few times before he scored....normally resulting in him losing the ball to the opposition.

He seems inconsistent to me, fair enough...he had some good games towards the end of last season but on a whole i dont think he's that great (although a lot would disagree)

Incoming................................  :o

I agree hes about a 7 at everything. but for me he very rarely goes beyond that. And when we have bryson and Hughes putting in solid 9 performances sometimes it makes Hendrick look even more average. Maybe Hendrick looking average to me just says how good the rest of our midfield really is at the minute. If he ends up having half the ability that Ramsey has I would be shocked to be honest. Fingers crossed though.

I agree hes about a 7 at everything. but for me he very rarely goes beyond that. And when we have bryson and Hughes putting in solid 9 performances sometimes it makes Hendrick look even more average.

I mean that he's above average (but not exceptional) at everything - dribbling, passing, shooting, tackling. I'm not talking about his match ratings. He's far from average.

Regardless, 5 is, by definition, average.

I am sorry but it is not. Far far from it. Just cross the ball to our box and they are struggling. Very poor.

I think we have a great back 4 as long as the ball is on the floor.

I am nervous everytime another team puts a cross in.

Or in some cases a throw in...that Rotherham player had a great throw on him.

I find this really interesting as for me he was one of our better performers on Saturday, just goes to show how different people see different things. In the pub afterwards I said I thought Bryson hadn't been that hot and one of my mates spent the next ten minutes telling me how wrong I was - just love it.

I think with Hendrick it will be interesting to see how much more he develops, at the moment I think he is a strong performer who can really attack defences through the middle and wins a lot of ball but I do feel he needs something else to make him really stand out. I think (well a good degree of hope) this will be the season where he really comes to the fore as an outstanding talent - don't ask me why, just a gut feel.

I've got to contradict here, I always seem to notice Hendrick powering his way through with the ball however I only ever notice Bryson when he shoots, there different players with different play styles. Hendrick is better technically than Bryson but poorer mentally, Bryson works best off the ball while Hendrick does his best work on it

I find this really interesting as for me he was one of our better performers on Saturday, just goes to show how different people see different things. In the pub afterwards I said I thought Bryson hadn't been that hot and one of my mates spent the next ten minutes telling me how wrong I was - just love it.

I think with Hendrick it will be interesting to see how much more he develops, at the moment I think he is a strong performer who can really attack defences through the middle and wins a lot of ball but I do feel he needs something else to make him really stand out. I think (well a good degree of hope) this will be the season where he really comes to the fore as an outstanding talent - don't ask me why, just a gut feel.

i didnt think too much of Bryson either, i was really impressed with Hughes and Christie on saturday. It is strange how people see things so differently. 

I agree the potential is there with Hendrick, I'm just not personally seeing the hype just yet.....I still see him as an asset though. Fingers crossed he can come on a bit this season.

Archived