Derby Depth

Jayweb95

But just imagine all the great arguments we could have about it now? Would be great!

What, if Clough hadn't given him the new contract? Clough really was a footballing dinosaur sometimes. Players have agents Nige, get into the modern day.

Disclaimer: Of course I know and recognise what Clough did for us and I remain thankful for his work over the years to help up get to where we are now.

But seriously, real primitive football brain sometimes.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loyal to William. Best player imo.

Always thought Hendrick was a good footballer but was starting to wonder if he'd ever use it properly because he was always such a ball watcher. Poor concentration, very ordinary movement. He's another one that under new management he's developed a brain (like Keogh). He reads the game so much better and his energy and enthusiasm has rocketed.

His development is back on track.

Hendrick has improved because:

He has got physically stronger

He has played more matches

18 -24 is when you see the most dramatic improvements in any young player.

At 22 he can continue to improve.

Not everything is about who his boss is.

Hendrick has improved because:

He has got physically stronger

He has played more matches

18 -24 is when you see the most dramatic improvements in any young player.

At 22 he can continue to improve.

Not everything is about who his boss is.

I'm saying imo he used to ball watch and stand still. He came back from injuries last season and once he got in his stride he's looked a lot better. Hungrier, busier.

This happened while McClaren was coach.

Is it ok to say that?

While I do think we have possibly the best midfield in the division, we don't have the depth in defence that we need. Looking at the other sides this year it's going to be very tight and I wouldn't be suprised if we struggle more than we expect.

We've had 3 good sides come down with lots of money, Wolves have come up and a few sides have sold one 'star' to strengthen across the board. Even the gumps attack looks strong, but if we do strengthen with another decent CB, our defence should look stronger.

I still think/hope we can vie for a top 2 spot, UTR!

I'm saying imo he used to ball watch and stand still. He came back from injuries last season and once he got in his stride he's looked a lot better. Hungrier, busier.

This happened while McClaren was coach.

Is it ok to say that?

Yes if thats your opinion.

I think his strength and stamina have improved so he gets about the pitch better

and with more matches he is learning and improving.

Archived