in the last 20 years..

sage

He became a legend after 2 games

I made it one ....I returned from Tranmere, after 5-1 defeat telling mates at bonfire party we were fine, new guy was immense, and we would win league ( we never won the league, but sure went up! )

Igor played offside all that game ...on his won in a flat back four ! 

When we first played in the Prem ....we drew the first 3 games,  "not good enough said Igor, we should be doing better !!"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wiki says gabbiadini made 188.

Dont know who is correct.

On the subject of Hector and 600 appearances.

600 is a mammoth ammount.

Not even Lampard has made 600 premier league appearances yet, and I remember him coming on as sub for West ham when we were still at the baseball ground.

Infact only 3 players have made over 600 premier league appearances.

Giggs on 672 played every season from aged 16 to 41

Thats how many games we are talking!!!!!!

Paul Williams surprisingly made only 160 appearances on Wiki .....

Would have thought he had played more.    He scored 26 goals ...a good return

Saw him make his debut .....incredibly at right wing away at Palace!!!

Igor did not leave until following summer ....when we did not play him pre season. He even sat front row of West Stand during Locomotiv Moscow game.

During World Cup, where Igor made the Team of World Cup we announced the signing of Carbonari ......who played in Igor's position.

Igor made comments in press to say why are we spending money for a player in my position.

His season ended after Kewell did his ankle in bad tackle at Leeds, Igor had said he could play, but was risky.  He played at Elland road and got bad tackle.

Those are my recollections ......not checked them all out admittedly.

There was something going on behind the scenes (probably arguing over this fitness - but when you are one of the best defenders n the world you will not react well to being told you are fit when you are not ) that lead us to spend

Archived