Yet another 1 minute applause

GeneralRam

We didn't think it was silly to be doing it for Bloomfield yet some people wave this away like it's gone too far?

Bloomfield has a connection to the club though so you can understand that the fans were showing their support to him.

Sad news but don't understand why the parents would want it to be honest, I would have no interest in football or 30k strangers clapping for a minute but each to their own I guess.

Exactly. I just see it as the parents gasping for attention.

My dogs getting old and don't think he will be around in a couple of years time, when he finally goes I will not certainly posting a ton of messages on Twitter to get a ton of people who have no connection to me or him to do a bloody clap.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloomfield has a connection to the club though so you can understand that the fans were showing their support to him.

My dogs getting old and don't think he will be around in a couple of years time, when he finally goes I will not certainly posting a ton of messages on Twitter to get a ton of people who have no connection to me or him to do a bloody clap.

That is definitely distasteful whether you are behind it or not.

Fair enough you not agreeing with the thought of it, each to there own, and I wouldn't personally want it to happen if god forbid any of my children passed on.

But your original post is very distasteful and making it out to be a trivial thing. And to say the parents are after the attention?! Just my opinion of course, feel free to rip my thoughts apart on this

Fair enough you not agreeing with the thought of it, each to there own, and I wouldn't personally want it to happen if god forbid any of my children passed on.

But your original post is very distasteful and making it out to be a trivial thing. And to say the parents are after the attention?! Just my opinion of course, feel free to rip my thoughts apart on this

I don't understand why we should be clapping for someone who has no connection to the club what so ever. If the parents were doing for charity charity etc I'd gladly give - like when that Leicester fan was cycling to every away match last season.

As I've said - it's a tragic event I wouldn't want to wish upon anybody. But getting everyone to retweet "We lost our child, we want a minutes applause" isn't the right way (in my opinion) to go about it.

I don't understand why we should be clapping for someone who has no connection to the club what so ever. If the parents were doing for charity charity etc I'd gladly give - like when that Leicester fan was cycling to every away match last season.

As I've said - it's a tragic event I wouldn't want to wish upon anybody. But getting everyone to retweet "We lost our child, we want a minutes applause" isn't the right way (in my opinion) to go about it.

That's fair enough, I just didnt like the picture displayed in the original post

Got a baby due in 2 weeks. If something was to go wrong, which it won't, no amount of strangers clapping would help.

Are we trying to make football depressing? Supposed to be a laugh and a bit stressful. Emotional but not quite like this.

And people clapping on Saturday won't be remembering this tragic story. They'll be clapping because the guy next to them is.

Is that what you want football to be about?

Nice.

My life, if those feel so strongly about it don't do it!

But to criticise someone for making some sort of effort.

I didn't agree with the lad who was campaigning for the minutes applause, didn't mean I admired his effort for a cause he firmly believes in.

Apologies to general ram for me coming over a bit aggressive. Felt I was calling you out a bit.

That's a shame, have another go Mafiabob

He's laughing at Carlisle having Paul Thirwell in another thread.

I think Cumbrian is getting angry. Must be the Scottish blood in him. 3rd biggest club in Scotland apparently, Carlisle.

I'm sorry but this child has absolutely nothing to do with football, Sheffield Wednesday or Derby County. Time and effort would be better used on running a marathon to raise money for a charity which helps with the reason his/she passed away. Not clapping at football match which seems to be done every week these days.

yeah i'd prefer it to be done via marathon 

I don't see the problem with it.

Anything football connected happens before the match with a minutes silence/applause whatever.

The fans can organise anything they want. They could have a funeral service in the Wednesday end if the supporters really wanted to...

For those that don't care, don't clap. You're not forced to clap and if I was there I wouldn't as it has absolutely nothing to do with me or my time spent watching the football.

Archived