expectations

Gritty

Call me sceptical, but unless my maths are off Derby, Fulham and Wigan make up more than 100% so this makes no sense at all?

You get three votes - "which clubs will go up".

There should be 300% there but I don't even think there's that.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expectations at Derby are sky high. That's exciting but also worries me.

We should finish top 6 and I back us to give it a real good go at the automatic slots. But let's not forget the relegated clubs have prem players and parachute money. Clubs like Watford, blackburn and Wigan will push hard. It won't be a cake walk. It'll be tough. Very tough.

We have a fairly young team. I am concerned that with expectations SO high the pressure could get to them.

So if we go a goal down in the first 20 mins at Rotherham, we want them to stay calm. That means we need to be calm too and don't let frustrations transfer to team.

We have a tricky run end August and beginning of September. We may drop a few points. It'll be fine if we just keep supporting them.

Going up automatically would be a fantastic achievement. Top 6 again would be a good result. I think some on here have expectations we might waltz it like Leicester did last season.

Ain't going to happen. This will be one though campaign. But we can do it.

There are teams coming down every season,this one will be no different,it's always going to be a fight for the old timers of the championship,I expect pretty much the same this year as last,we shall be where it matters at the season end.

You get three votes - "which clubs will go up".

There should be 300% there but I don't even think there's that.

Yeah because some people have voted for 1,2 and in one case at least, 4 clubs!

Think it's extra hard to predict this year because the good teams have average or untested managers and the average teams have decent managers

Repeat for BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28676685

In a division notoriously known for being hard to call, most of the bookmakers are offering the shortest odds on Derby County.

Why? Largely because ex-England boss Steve McClaren - infamouslydubbed as the 'Wally with the Brolly' - is enjoying a managerial renaissance, via the Netherlands and Germany, since that wet Wembley night.

McClaren has won 24 of his 41 matches since taking over at the Rams last September, albeit failing in the one which mattered most - May's play-off final against QPR.

But they managed to keep the bulk of their squad, including teenage midfielder Will Hughes, plus the eye-catching addition of Real Madrid midfielder Omar Mascarell, 21, on a season-long loan.

"The future is exciting for Derby County," predicts McClaren.

imo  expecting a roller coaster of a season ,  from the sublime to the ridiculous ,   Expectations are high  with media and other sources ...  if we play to our capability  can see a top 6  finish ....   the fact that expectations are so high leaves me sceptical .... 

Archived