Big Club - Small Club chat

RLACML

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FA Cup been in Europe and spent 8 consecutive seasons in the PL. They are bigger if not similar

I disagree. Those 8 years in the top division are the only in their history, and they won't go back. FA Cup is the only thing they've ever won. They went out of Europe immediately. **** fans, **** past, **** future. 

Bigger??

I'd say that is an often misused term when talking about the size of clubs. (I seem to remember a Duracell? post many years ago stating the then current premier league top to bottom as the biggest clubs...) :ph34r:  

Are dirty leeds still not a big club? If Burton made it to the topflight would they be a big club?

Bigger??

I'd say that is an often misused term when talking about the size of clubs. (I seem to remember a Duracell? post many years ago stating the then current premier league top to bottom as the biggest clubs...) :ph34r:

Are dirty leeds still not a big club? If Burton made it to the topflight would they be a big club?

Why are Leeds a big club? They've been in administration and just sold their best player to Fulham (a small club based on your logic) for

I disagree. Those 8 years in the top division are the only in their history, and they won't go back. FA Cup is the only thing they've ever won. They went out of Europe immediately. **** fans, **** past, **** future.

Sounds like Leeds United syndrome. "We get more people to come watch us".

Wigan's record transfer pisses on ours. Wigan's turnover for the last decade pisses on ours. Wigan's tv rights pisses on ours. Wigan's FA Cup might be a joke to you but I don't think they'll be that impressed with our trophy haul in the last 30 years. That talk sounds worse than Forest and their "2 European cups". Plus then Huddersfield are a big club.

Wigan are a similar club with similar aspirations and similar buying power.

I don't think having a few thousand people watching their home games makes them smaller

Wigan's record transfer pisses on ours. Wigan's turnover for the last decade pisses on ours. Wigan's tv rights pisses on ours. Wigan's FA Cup might be a joke to you but I don't think they'll be that impressed with our trophy haul in the last 30 years. That talk sounds worse than Forest and their "2 European cups". Plus then Huddersfield are a big club.

I don't think having a few thousand people watching their home games makes them smaller

Nail on the head.... Precisely this

I'd rather be a "small" club and sucessfull, rather than a "big" club and struggling for success.

We did finish above Wigan last season, very comfortably. I'd rather be a big club and heading for success than a small one on their way down.

But why exactly is them having more success than us in the past ten years, more important than us having more success than them for the first 70 years of their existence? Especially when their recent success has finished now, and we finished above them last season. 

We have more history, more fans, more money, more everything really. You'll never convince me that Wigan Athletic are a bigger club than Derby County. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. 

We did finish above Wigan last season, very comfortably. I'd rather be a big club and heading for success than a small one on their way down.

A small club just beat us in the Play Off final and bought 2 defenders. 1 for

But why exactly is them having more success than us in the past ten years, more important than us having more success than them for the first 70 years of their existence? Especially when their recent success has finished now, and we finished above them last season.

We have more history, more fans, more money, more everything really. You'll never convince me that Wigan Athletic are a bigger club than Derby County. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Read the third paragraph of Alphas post again

We have more history, more fans, more money, more everything really. You'll never convince me that Wigan Athletic are a bigger club than Derby County. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Why are Huddersfield not a massive club?

I think we will get Europe eventually, not by finish in top six in the Premiership persay, but via winning of the cups. When looking at the cups over the past several season, it just seems to be that bigger clubs do not seem to care as much about winning as smaller clubs (those who do not spend millions every transfer window). Did Wigan fans think their team would make a miracle run in winning the cup? Heck no, but they did and I think we could also.

Archived