ignoring George Thorne 'saga' ...

IlsonDerby

Maybe try a different league? I've managed Championship and Conference and the experience is way different, not easier but different challenges. Conference is tough for lack of money and part time training hours but spend a few years at one club, put some effort into development and you can p*** the league. When I managed Derby I found it tough to manage the players ambitions, and I couldn't stand seeing them lose, decided to stop playing a club I give a s*** about. Too close to home.

I'll do that when I get sacked.

And I will get sacked because I'm a cheeky barsteward to the board  :p

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll do that when I get sacked.

And I will get sacked because I'm a cheeky barsteward to the board  :p

Haha same here! Points target?! Stick your job, I don't work to no points targets!! Hence 25 sackings. #renegade

Haha same here! Points target?! Stick your job, I don't work to no points targets!! Hence 25 sackings. #renegade

Whenever I make requests to the board and they turn it down, I do the whole "leak to press" thing, but then refuse to criticise the board, just to play mind games. Appleby thinks I'm praising him, so he gives me the request, and then I later go ahead and criticise him and he calls me into a meeting for it. I play the big "I am" and he usually backs down. I think maybe I've been managing the team too long for him to sack me.

25 sackings is pretty amazing though. That's straight up stubborn  :lol: The men's football world isn't ready for a female manager yet, clearly. Mind you, the way I underpaid my female physios in FM12 probably says that it's not worth it anyway.

Whenever I make requests to the board and they turn it down, I do the whole "leak to press" thing, but then refuse to criticise the board, just to play mind games. Appleby thinks I'm praising him, so he gives me the request, and then I later go ahead and criticise him and he calls me into a meeting for it. I play the big "I am" and he usually backs down. I think maybe I've been managing the team too long for him to sack me.

25 sackings is pretty amazing though. That's straight up stubborn  :lol: The men's football world isn't ready for a female manager yet, clearly. Mind you, the way I underpaid my female physios in FM12 probably says that it's not worth it anyway.

Your management style is outstanding and awesome, made me laugh out loud, mind games, love it!

You do realize if you ever meet Appleby your opinion of him is heavily tainted, can't see that conversation going well!

The world thinks it's not ready for female managers but the world doesn't know what I know.....is what I would say to any club looking to take a chance on a girl. Then they'd see my CV with the 25 sackings and bin me off!

Your management style is outstanding and awesome, made me laugh out loud, mind games, love it!

You do realize if you ever meet Appleby your opinion of him is heavily tainted, can't see that conversation going well!

The world thinks it's not ready for female managers but the world doesn't know what I know.....is what I would say to any club looking to take a chance on a girl. Then they'd see my CV with the 25 sackings and bin me off!

If I ever meet Appleby, my FM experience will lead me to the conclusion that I can get him to do whatever I want, which could get me into trouble! That's where my "outstanding and awesome" style falls down.

And that doesn't exactly help your case! 25 sackings... my word that must be some sort of record...

If I ever meet Appleby, my FM experience will lead me to the conclusion that I can get him to do whatever I want, which could get me into trouble! That's where my "outstanding and awesome" style falls down.

And that doesn't exactly help your case! 25 sackings... my word that must be some sort of record...

A record i am weirdly quite proud of. Cos despite being sacked 25 times I never gave up :)

Championship manager 1980's has always been cool

I got a strike partnership of a young Dennis Bergkamp and Jurgen Klinnsman in my Division 2 Derby team. John Gregory was influential in midfield alongside Bryan Robson, but my greater signing was definitely Lothar Mattheus once we reached Division One.

Knocked Forest down a few pegs on our first meeting, won 3-1 and I said some pretty nasty stuff about Clough in the press interviews.

Finished fourth, two years in a row but still got sacked. Bloody travesty.

Firstly - I play handheld game as you can whip through a season in a couple of days (if you dont let it take over your life) or a day if you do! Fear that with the original version there'd be missing person ads for me!

So usually I begin at the very bottom and work my way up. The first season or two is a slog but I've won the champions league with a fair few conference teams!

This latest game however I started with Derby though. Took them up in my first season, finished in the top four for two consecutive seasons. The first season I was knocked out in the group stages of the CL...the second season the same thing happened. I was sat around 8th in the league and the board sacked me without no prior warning. 

Had a couple of lower prem job offer though eventually Nigel Clough was appointed Boro boss leaving a space at Wolves who were already in the top 6 in the champs. My objective was to finish in the playoffs so it was a cushy number. Ended up getting to the last game in the season and I was third, 2 points behind first and second. I won, second lost and third drew meaning I won the league on Goal Difference. 

Halfway through the prem season with Wolves I realised that I was never going to be able to play my preferred formation without upsetting the whole team as it would have meant selling the two out and out wingers we had who were our best players (I play 4132). So I resigned with Wolves comfortable and took an 8 month hiatus waiting for the right job offer. In came Everton and within 2 seasons I have won:

2 FA cups

1 premier league

1 champions league

1 euro super cup

1 charity shield 

I am now World Class and ranked 1st in the managers however International jobs just arent becoming available which is annoying as I've been looking for an international one for ages. 

Many years ago, I chose to manage Plymouth.

It was back when they had Mattias Doumbe so possibly around 2007/08

After a couple of seasons I'd turned them from relegation favourites to being on the edge of the play-offs.

I needed a little transfer money if I was going to get them promoted, I requested it a couple of times... and then out of the blue they decided it would be a better idea spending 5 million on a new stand to increase the ground capacity.

i resigned, and they were relegated the following season, Fools.

I haven't played a football manager game since.

(well, not properly)

i got connor sammon to score 21 goals in the league

i also bough Georgie boy on a save for 8million quid from WBA after they got relegated

Sold him to Manure 2 season later for 46 million with a 40% sell on clause

#rushout

Archived