wearederby.com

loweman2

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
halifaxram

Bit of a clunky way in but after you have reset your password and it rejects it, click "forgotten my password" it will send you a new one and then you are up and running. Worked for me anyway!

Getting fed up now.

You know how the ticket office say that they will get back to you in 48 hours?

Well, we're now over 3 days in, I have emailed them a second time and I've still not had the courtesy of a reply.

Getting fed up now.

You know how the ticket office say that they will get back to you in 48 hours?

Well, we're now over 3 days in, I have emailed them a second time and I've still not had the courtesy of a reply.

Setting the record straight, I have now.

Thanks, DCFC

eddie, what did they say to you? I've got the same problem. I asked for an e-ticket by email but have not received one.

Teething trouble with the new print-at-home system.

They cannot currently hand-crank tickets out where something went wrong at the time of purchase, but expect to have a solution in place next week.

As an IT professional with responsibility for integration testing and UAT, I understand where they are coming from.

I had the same problem when I tried the 'print at home' option.

Maybe I'm being a bit over critical here, but are you supposed to do the testing on the live system?

I get the impression the have 'gone live' before things are really ready.

Nowadays, companies take an 80:20 approach to testing. i.e. they expect to find 80% of the bugs for 20% of the time and effort, then fix others after implementation based upon severity. Based upon the premise that you can't find everything every time, and the fact that there are so many variables involved, especially with web-based processes, it's just one of the things that we have to live with now.

It might be interesting to conduct a straw poll as to what ISP, what web browser, what operating system, what settings/preferences are selected with respect to your web browser and so on apply for those who failed to get a file back successfully. It would certainly help Derby County, but they didn't ask me for that information.

Nowadays, companies take an 80:20 approach to testing. i.e. they expect to find 80% of the bugs for 20% of the time and effort, then fix others after implementation based upon severity. Based upon the premise that you can't find everything every time, and the fact that there are so many variables involved, especially with web-based processes, it's just one of the things that we have to live with now.

It might be interesting to conduct a straw poll as to what ISP, what web browser, what operating system, what settings/preferences are selected with respect to your web browser and so on apply for those who failed to get a file back successfully. It would certainly help Derby County, but they didn't ask me for that information.

Well I'm sure you're right and I'm talking out of my ar5e as usual.

The problem is the old system was so bad that I was ready to be super critical about the new one.

Totally unfair, as I understand this is a completely separate company.

Obviously I don't know how many people had problems with the login procedure and/or 'print at home' tickets.

Maybe it was just you, Schteve and me.

Anyway I got my email with PDF today so I'll stop complaining........for now.

Only issue for me is that there are huge gaps in the content. When I click on the season tickets section I just get a banner of last season's kit with no content whatsoever. Almost looks and acts like a demo site at the moment.

An educated guess here could be that, to address the immediate problem, they have rolled back to the QA site where they did UAT (which presumably did work when they were testing).

Or perhaps you need to delete your cached pages, cookies etc and try again.

Does anyone know when tickets are on sale for Carlisle, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton away? Hope this can purchase online though.

Have they corrected the typo on the ticket itself yet though?

Not very observant, me. Can't spot one. Which typo was that then?

Archived