Le Tour de France

MuespachRam

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a terrible thing when you find out your heroes have 'feet of clay'!

First Cav falls off his bike, then Froggg, who I was 100% certain was ITK, gets it wrong.

And now I'm having my doubts about Mackworthram.

on yer bike!

I vote fer Frogggy to take Cav's place.

And today I miss being at home in Yorkshire, it's looking more beautiful than ever. It's a shame the heather's not out over the moors yet though, it looks like a huge stretch of purple carpet. Just lovely.

Jenkin Road is the place to be. Hundreds there already.

This is an absolutely brutal climb - one of the steepest roads in the country with a 33% gradient in one part and it's only 2 or 3 km from the end of today's stage. I can't even walk up it without a couple of rests, and I don't think I've ever seen an occasional cyclist make it either.

It's a terrible thing when you find out your heroes have 'feet of clay'!

First Cav falls off his bike, then Froggg, who I was 100% certain was ITK, gets it wrong.

And now I'm having my doubts about Mackworthram.

damn those TV pundits. :(

Normally the erudite Paul Sherwen's research is very good, but the Ladybower / Glossop gaff was his second of the day after also confusing Tommy Simpson's location as being Haworth rather than Harworth (North Notts).

He corrected this after an hour - presumably after someone put him right!

So far it has been pretty great, so many people, awesome crowds everywhere and decent racing too..

Now to France..!

Allez Froome..!!

Makes you wonder whether the Tour of Britain would ever generate the same level of interest. It needs some proper sponsorship to attract the big teams. but we do have a few household names of our own now.

Maybe next year we should hold the Grand Depart Big Departure in France!

They could translate the names of all the French hills on each stage into English.

I personally have no interest whatsoever in watching a load of drugged up men in silly shorts ride push bikes but had to laugh at one of my mates for going to Sheffield and waiting for 4 hours, only to turn his back when the action finally arrived - so he could take a crap selfie. By the time he'd turned round again, they'd all gone.

I personally have no interest whatsoever in watching a load of drugged up men in silly shorts ride push bikes but had to laugh at one of my mates for going to Sheffield and waiting for 4 hours, only to turn his back when the action finally arrived - so he could take a crap selfie. By the time he'd turned round again, they'd all gone.

And some of these cycling fans wear replica kits with the silly shorts just like their heroes.

Replica kits I ask you, bet they spend ages arguing about the new designs each year.

But you're right some of the things people do make me laugh as well.

I heard about this bloke who made a 5 hour train journey all the way from Wiltshire to Middlesbrough to watch Derby County.

Not a game to remember, he didn't turn his back, but he did miss the Derby goals, they didn't score any.

Then he got back on the train and in another 5 hours was back in Chippenham.

Apparently what really p1ssed him off was one of the players put their poor performance down to a bit of lethargy.

OK I'll admit it, that bloke was me and I've also got a pair of silly cycling shorts!

Is there any hope for me?

And some of these cycling fans wear replica kits with the silly shorts just like their heroes.

Replica kits I ask you, bet they spend ages arguing about the new designs each year.

But you're right some of the things people do make me laugh as well.

I heard about this bloke who made a 5 hour train journey all the way from Wiltshire to Middlesbrough to watch Derby County.

Not a game to remember, he didn't turn his back, but he did miss the Derby goals, they didn't score any.

Then he got back on the train and in another 5 hours was back in Chippenham.

Apparently what really p1ssed him off was one of the players put their poor performance down to a bit of lethargy.

OK I'll admit it, that bloke was me and I've also got a pair of silly cycling shorts!

Is there any hope for me?

Me and Meuspach were there in Paris for Sir Bradleys win superb day out :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Me and Meuspach were there in Paris for Sir Bradleys win superb day out :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

What a day - first Brit to win the TdF, Cav wins the sprint, Lesley Garrett sings the national anthem (well maybe not the last bit).

I hope you were both resplendent in matching Sky replica kit with silly shorts!

Archived