Le Tour de France

MuespachRam

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that sums up our sport this year, up to athlete's in Commonwealth Games to bring us some joy this year, if they don't do anything then cancel this year's Sports Personality Of The Year, be know one to give it to.

Well that sums up our sport this year, up to athlete's in Commonwealth Games to bring us some joy this year, if they don't do anything then cancel this year's Sports Personality Of The Year, be know one to give it to.

Maybe they could do what Derby did in 2007/08 and give it to the BBC audience.

Lewis  might take the world title, then would be nailed on.

Fantastic ride from blel cadre yesterday. dispite his puncture today think that took a lot out of him hope he nails that 1ST col today its gonna be brutal.

Col de schlucht isn't that brutal at all-I have rode up it a few times.

Tomorrow will be great-the road up to le Markstein is incredible. The whole mountain is already covered in tents-they are camped out all the way up the road-on the Tarmac-the road has been closed for a couple of days.

Look out for us tomorrow, planning on getting half way up the col...

Contador abandons following crash (broken frame).

For some reason Specialized (who make the frames) are strongly denying this.

It seems like he just fell off and the bike was destroyed either by a car running over it, when it fell off the roof of the team car or when it was hit on the roof during the coming together of two team cars, depending on which of the many stories you believe.

Apparently there is absolutely no truth in the rumour that one of the Astana team was seen leaving the Tinkoff-Saxo hotel with a hacksaw in his hand during the early hours of the morning.

Unfortunately with Contador out and the way Nibali rode today, the result looks a bit of a forgone conclusion now.

Have to agree re Nibali, but the fight for the remaining two podium places will be interesting! 

Don't write Richie Porte off : excellent climber in the high mountains, and could place in top five in the time trial on the penultimate day.   Will be there to savour the atomesphere, and hopefully the result and GC placing after the last rider finishes.!

Well, as we've already seen anything can happen, maybe Nibali will be the next to fall off his bike.

But 2min 23sec is a lot to gain in the time trial and from the bits we've seen in the mountains so far, Porte has been limiting his losses rather than gaining the time he needs. Maybe we'll have a repeat of the 1989 finish when Lemond took 58 seconds out of Fignon to win the tour on the last day.

I wonder if Brailsford is regretting his decision not to include Wiggins in the team. It always seemed crazy to me to leave out a real GC contender, whatever the team dynamics.

I'm envious of your chance to watch the time trial, even though it must be the world's worst spectator sport. I suppose it is reported live on the radio in France so at least you can find out what is going on. I had a good day out when it came through a bit of Derbyshire, although I had to watch the highlights on TV to find out what happened.

Get yer dosh on Nibali now folks...... :lol:  I haven't ;)

Oddly enough, when the odds were give immediately before the tour started, I fancied a punt on Nabali, but I'm not a betting man :(

I dislike the bloke, mainly because he accused Cavendish of cheating. Not sure why it should concern him, it's not like they compete for the same stages (climber v sprinter).

I guess it's his to lose now.

Bit of a slow news day on the tour today, so I was wondering, does anyone else find themselves a bit startled by Peter Sagan's hairdo on the official TdF site?

"4tDQ1jY" alt="4tDQ1jY">

I've a number of theories as to what is happening here:

• It's just a very bad case of 'helmet hair'.
  • He's wearing a small, Slovakian furry animal on his head.
  • He is actually bald and has got his wig on back to front.

But I think he may have had a bet with teammate Elia Viviani about who can sport the silliest haircut.

"efmiJ7j" alt="efmiJ7j">

Archived