Moor farm likely to be extended

DeMontfortRam

Just spotted this on a list of raised issues being talked about in an upcoming Erawash Borough planning meeting...

On the agenda is the extension of Moor Farm, which has been reccomended for approval by the local council.

Here's the blueprint of the plans

http://www2.erewash.gov.uk/moderngov/documents/s17071/Item%205%20ERE-1213-0046%20Plan.pdf

Now I'm no architect but it looks like it's getting a pretty sizable upgrade.

Is this an indication of the upgraded status of our academy being approved or just something that's part of the bigger plan now we've got more money.

Here's the full list of things on the agenda if you wanted to have a look.

http://www2.erewash.gov.uk/moderngov/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=1364&x=1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the trouble with Oakwood residents ( Derby City Council ) back in 1999/2000 no wonder this has been kept quiet

Once built is landscaped away from view, and I cannot imagine the traffic/nuisance really increased to residents.

Green belt building a norm nowadays in my opinion ...take Mickleover outskirts .....again though is Derby South, and Amber Valley councils approving Green belt building plans ....

Hope we get the extended facility we are asking for ... before Oakwood objects en masse

I'm guessing we achieved the 'category 1 status academy' then..?

Not heard anything else official and Rush said it would be around the fixtures time when we would find out.

No, these are the plans for if we do.

I would've liked a couple of futsal pitches on the plans to develop the tika taka for the U10s, got to get that ball retention in to them ealry doors...

I thought they already did futsal? I think we were one of the first academies to introduce it.

I remember getting letter of the week in the Telegraph formy missive about the idiocy of Oakwood people objecting to the Training Centre. Some one even accused me of being DCFCs planning expert trying to undermine their appeals. "Green Belt" they were all screaming. Well what were their precious flamin homes built on?

Better some football pitches than the next large Tesco eh?

Archived