Miscellaneous World Cup Stuff.

Grimbeard

Post World Cup stuff not worth it's own thread here.

Two things to start us off.

1. The Union Flag above the entrance to England's hotel in Rio is upside down, surely someone out there should have noticed and got it put right.

2. During the Ivory Coast v Japan game the ITV commentator insisted on calling the African team 'Cote d' Ivoire' (except when he forgot). Turns out this was because of a  FIFA 'instruction'.

So, how come FIFA haven't forced TV companies to refer to 'Nippon' 'Italia' or 'Deutschland' etc?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarke Carlisle kept saying Jackson Martinez can't be that good because he can't even get in the Ecuador team...

Yeh Robbie Keane can't get in the Welsh team either...

Also, anyone seen the 'Nip Slips' - South American women eh (open at your own discression!)

https://twitter.com/WorIdCupTweets/status/478320486540001280/photo/1

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/a-brazilian-fan-who-fell-out-of-her-tiny-top-becomes-an-online-viral-star-nsfw-pictures/

Post World Cup stuff not worth it's own thread here.

Two things to start us off.

1. The Union Flag above the entrance to England's hotel in Rio is upside down, surely someone out there should have noticed and got it put right.

2. During the Ivory Coast v Japan game the ITV commentator insisted on calling the African team 'Cote d' Ivoire' (except when he forgot). Turns out this was because of a  FIFA 'instruction'.

So, how come FIFA haven't forced TV companies to refer to 'Nippon' 'Italia' or 'Deutschland' etc?

Why would England have the Union Flag outside the hotel? You're right though, should not be upside down..

Really? Ha! Did anyone pull him up on it?

I think I saw that The Mirror wrote an article about it - was an awful mistake to make.

Though I've done something similar by mistake, writing Antonio Valencia's nationality as Colombia rather than Ecuador. But not to the length of Clarke Carlisle's rants, was pretty funny and alarming for someone covering a high-profile World Cup match to get it so wrong.

I think I saw that The Mirror wrote an article about it - was an awful mistake to make.

Though I've done something similar by mistake, writing Antonio Valencia's nationality as Colombia rather than Ecuador. But not to the length of Clarke Carlisle's rants, was pretty funny and alarming for someone covering a high-profile World Cup match to get it so wrong.

I moaned about Glen Johnson's performance when it was Kyle Walker once.

Still, we all might pay a bit more attention if we were covering the World Cup for a major tv company.

Watching Spain v Chile earlier. With about 10 mins to go, the camera pans across the Spanish fans, as you'd expect they're looking a bit glum. 2 down, going home early, naturally they're fed up.

But wait! Look! We're on the big screen!! My God! we're on the telly!!! Yay!! Whoo!!!

tw@ts

Watching Spain v Chile earlier. With about 10 mins to go, the camera pans across the Spanish fans, as you'd expect they're looking a bit glum. 2 down, going home early, naturally they're fed up.

But wait! Look! We're on the big screen!! My God! we're on the telly!!! Yay!! Whoo!!!

tw@ts

Who doesnt love FanCam™?

Archived