Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPR after Mark Davies for £3m says to me that Bryson at £750k was a non-starter.

Is that the lad from Bolton?! 3m?!?!?! jesus. 

Is that the lad from Bolton?! 3m?!?!?! jesus. 

Compare £3m for Davies and £750k for Bryson. Both play in the same position. Both a similar age. Which would you take a punt on if the fees were as such? I think Nixon's got his facts wrong.

Compare £3m for Davies and £750k for Bryson. Both play in the same position. Both a similar age. Which would you take a punt on if the fees were as such? I think Nixon's got his facts wrong.

If that price is based on performance then if Davies is worth 3 mil, Bryson is worth 5 mil minimum... (which he isn't)

Whenever I've seen him he'a looked very average with a few excellent games every season, not worth 3 mil in my opinion.

Makes me laugh how people think players that havent played prem football are worth so much its part of whats wrong with the english game.

I agree fully. Bryson is a good player and capable of playing in the Prem I think but, like you said he's unproven at this moment in time.

It's like £6-8 million for McCormack is ridiculous money for a player with one exceptional season under his belt considering his others have been bang average at best.

So if you havent played premier league football you are worth nothing?

How much is Hughes worth?

We've been through this 10 times already... With Hughes you are paying for potential, the potential to become a truly great player. Bryson is 27, he is peaking in his football career and therefore there is less potential so you are paying for his current form which is obviously worth less.

We've been throught this 10 times already... With Hughes you are paying for potential, the potential to become a truly great player. Bryson is 27, he is peaking in his football career and therefore there is less potential so you are paying for his current form which is obviously worth less.

We havent been through it ten times really, have we?

Hes a goalscoring midfielder, theres not many about.

Im thankful someone like you isnt in charge of the club. Jesus.

"Yeah hes got no potential hes at his peak oh and hes never played Prem football, sell him for pittance"

In todays market, Bryson is worth 5 million easily.

Thats my opinion. Everyones entitled to one.

So if you havent played premier league football you are worth nothing?

How much is Hughes worth?

Im not saying theyre not worth anything not at all but we cant have it both ways we bid 1m for thorne and the fans expect 5m for bryson. Were unlucky not going up has cost us in more ways than one, I know. If we get 4m for bryson and(plus) keogh id be upset theyre going but id think we have done okay. In many ways keeping price and wages low in the long run will work well for a club like derby because we are now are a solid club.

It's pretty much irrelevant what any player is 'worth'. The only things that matter are what we would be willing to sell him for, and whether any bidding clubs would be willing to meet that amount. While Bryson might only be worth £1m (not that I'm saying he necessarily is), there's no point us selling him for that, as we'd have to spend the majority of the money replacing him, so what have we gained? Assuming there are no clauses that will limit what we could get for him, there's no point us selling him for less than £3m. And assuming that he's happy here, and given the season he's had and the state of the club at the moment, we could easily ask for a whole lot more.

We havent been through it ten times really, have we?

Hes a goalscoring midfielder, theres not many about.

Im thankful someone like you isnt in charge of the club. Jesus.

"Yeah hes got no potential hes at his peak oh and hes never played Prem football, sell him for pittance"

In todays market, Bryson is worth 5 million easily.

Thats my opinion. Everyones entitled to one.

I never said sell him cheap, in fact I never said anything about selling price. I was talking about his value. If I was selling him, of course I would try and get a high price for him but that does not reflect what he is worth in my opinion.

Archived