Redemption of McClaren

BondJovi

Ive said it before and i'll say it again, he has us playing in an exciting way, which when we 'turn up' is difficult for other teams in this league to live with....

My worry, and its a real one, is that if we win on the 24th, in the Prem he wont have the resources to compete and we will get beaten a fair bit ( hopefully more than 11 points tho ) and the 'MOANERS' come out of their holes... where is sideshow bob  these days ??

and then with the pressure on us cos we're being beaten, and the boo's and moans are in the ascendance, the board capitulate and sack McClaren :wacko:

We get relegated anyway, and then we are back to the managerial merry go round.......  a bit richer, but back to lets say 'square 2'

Join the effin' club. This season has been fantastic for City: a team of really excellent players who've played some outstanding football and broken loads of records. Nigel (Championship Manager of the Year) Pearson was responsible for this success: it's he who built squad, and who led management team that got City promoted.

Yet if we lose three or four matches on the bounce and/or we're struggling come the end of October, all the scumbags will come crawling out of the woodwork (again) with their cries of "Pearson Out". I am hoping that our Thai owners do what they did last time, which is smile and say nothing in public, while giving Pearson all the encouragement he needs behind the scenes. Your board should do the same with Steve MacClaren. Leave the kneejerks to Fawaz al-Hasawi

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he has matured a hell of a lot. As a manager and as a fella.

I think this is his home and he accepts that.

We could all go chasing the glamour model but in the end, it ends in tears.

I think he has found a nice pretty, albeit curvy lass, with a great sense of humour, and a lovely pair of knockers.

He's better off staying with her. And he knows it.

Well put.

"He is a sheepshagger" I'd have said.

Interesting point about the play-off final is the major impact that McClaren has had on both sides. When he left QPR to take over at Derby, they went into a bit of a nosedive (I think they were top when he left) and Derby were in mid-table mediocrity. Now both will be at Wembley. Not a bad record.

Same when he left Jim Smith...

Very happy to be eating humble pie at this stage of the season. Whether we win or not at Wembley, it won't make a jot of difference to my opinion.

I'll make no bones about it - McClaren in October would have been my last choice as Nigel's replacement. I thought his football was pragmatic & dull, his interviews and general public persona utterly ridiculous. I feared the worst but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Firstly, he's had the intelligence to see the foundations of an excellent team & has sought to tinker with elements of it to drag the results out without detracting from the style. Takes a damn good & humble manager to do that. Secondly, he's bought tremendously well. Wisdom, Thorne & Bamford have all added a real class to this team.

Most impressive though, is the man himself. I used to cringe at some of his interviews for England & Forest. Like some articles in the media have eluded to, his recent experiences have maybe humbled him a bit & he now appears much more balanced & "in control". I like the way he happily watches games from up in the stand, I like the way he's been very generous in crediting Nigel with building the side, I like the way he's tactically flexible, I like the way he encourages the team to attack even when away from home & sitting on a good result - he inspires confidence, even in defeat. Even if we don't go up this season, I'm very confident he'll have us back in the top 6 comfortably next season & ultimately will take us up.

He's definitely won my respect. And in time I think he'll win the respect of the wider sporting public back too. Good times ahead...for both our club & Steve.

Great post sums up my feelings pretty well.

Was chatting to a gump family member a few weeks ago, who lives in Seaton Carew, couldn't wait to stick the knife in telling me we'd soon get bored of his negative football, and all the boro fans hated him.

Smiled through the poison, had a bet with him on the forest match, not heard from him since!

Archived