Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

Segregation and corporates would make it impossible. Utilising full capacity when England play is easy due to no/little segregation.

This is pretty much the best gate you'll see at Wembley for a club fixture!

Highest attendance: 86,703 – Bristol City vs Hull City (Championship Final, 2008)... which is staggering in itself!

I think, given that near on 80k have been sold via the clubs, that this might be beaten this year

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highest attendance: 86,703 – Bristol City vs Hull City (Championship Final, 2008)... which is staggering in itself!

I think, given that near on 80k have been sold via the clubs, that this might be beaten this year

Yeah. Sounds about right, although surprised it's Hull v Bristol C with the record!

Hopefully it will be. I'd say around 3/4k would be lost in segregation. Makes for a brilliant atmosphere, will be great to soak it in pre-match

One formation. 4-3-3. Only ever changed when we've been losing, into more of a 4-2-4 to push another striker forward.

Our defence picks it self, as does our front 3 currently.

Midfield is a tricky one, and Mac has a dilemma. Thorne is a forgone, he'll start in the defensive/holding role, but the attack midfielders will be a harder choice.

Hughes won MOTM in the second leg, scoring a great goal and played at the peak of his game

Hendrick has a stupid goal scoring record recently, something along the lines of 6 in 8

Bryson won our fans POTY and had 16 goals and 16 assists, when he's on his game he's the best midfielder in this league in my opinion.

Will be a tricky call for Mac and co. I feel that Bryson will come in for Hughes, and although it's a hard decision, I think of a large Wembley pitch, he'll want runners and will want an injection of pace, which Hendrick and Bryson provide. On the other hand, Hughes would also thrive on large pitch as his game involves spreading the ball out wide and creating space for the front 3.

I think it all comes down to what tactics Steve goes for. Does he go all out from the off and play like we have been? Or do we try and ease ourselves in the game and avoid conceding an early goal?

Should be an interesting one.

Others have mentioned that you were too defensive and showed us too much respect in the game at LR in the first half (perhaps my memory of the game was the second half where you came at us... was a cracking game and remember thinking then that Mac would pull you to the playoffs at least).

I am not sure that Mac will want to be quite so cautious this time. I mean no offence, but this will be a very big occasion for your young squad and if he sets them up to ease themselves in tot eh game, they might find themselves in a long drawn out chess match.

Given that, Harry will drill ours to absorb pressure from the start, giving him 20 mins to work out what the hell is going on and then start to pick his team to match you... and you think I am kidding! I can see you being 1-0 by half time, but not having particularly dominated play. We will come out second half more fired up, as you will too. Either we will equalise, but you then settle into your rhythm and take a deserved winner around 75, or will go 2-0 up and then be pegged back, with us collecting a consolation goal around 82... frantic end, but you see it over the line.  

Others have mentioned that you were too defensive and showed us too much respect in the game at LR in the first half (perhaps my memory of the game was the second half where you came at us... was a cracking game and remember thinking then that Mac would pull you to the playoffs at least).

I am not sure that Mac will want to be quite so cautious this time. I mean no offence, but this will be a very big occasion for your young squad and if he sets them up to ease themselves in tot eh game, they might find themselves in a long drawn out chess match.

Given that, Harry will drill ours to absorb pressure from the start, giving him 20 mins to work out what the hell is going on and then start to pick his team to match you... and you think I am kidding! I can see you being 1-0 by half time, but not having particularly dominated play. We will come out second half more fired up, as you will too. Either we will equalise, but you then settle into your rhythm and take a deserved winner around 75, or will go 2-0 up and then be pegged back, with us collecting a consolation goal around 82... frantic end, but you see it over the line.

The match will be settled by one goal either side. I can see a tight/cagey affair, unlike us this season, but that's the way i can see the game going.

I agree with you, I think the pure adrenaline and exuberance of our youthful and energetic side will see us lead, it's just whether we can hold onto it. Going to be a classic, really looking forward to it.

If one team is going to win by a few goals then you'd definitely fancy us...

I'd be amazed if QPR beat us by two goals or more though, as only Leicester and Burnley have done that since McLaren came in and the second was totally unjust because of the Martin/penalty/goal incident.

Worryingly though, on their day, QPR have clearly got a decent team and the results which have surprised me the most were their 3-1 away wins over Boro and Ipswich - two games we lost.

From a Derby perspective I just want us to go there and play how we can. There is nothing worse than freezing on the big stage and just not get going at all. Watford last season is an example of this, an even WBA against us in 2007.

West brom didn't freeze, they played well.

But we defended brilliantly.

You thought so? Derby were poor but I don't remember Bywater ever making a save.

Kevin Phillips clipped the bar but other than that they reminded me of Brighton the other week. Could have played all night and not score, they looked utterly toothless upfront which is strange for such a freescoring team.

IMO their star players like Koren, Koumas, Phillips, Kamara and Gera didn't show up. Especially the last two, I barely noticed they were playing.

I'd honestly hate for the likes of Russell, Ward, Martin and Bryson/Hendrick to just not show up as an attacking force.

Kevin Phillips clipped the bar but other than that they reminded me of Brighton the other week. Could have played all night and not score, they looked utterly toothless upfront which is strange for such a freescoring team.

my view also, Mears made 2 fantastic last moment challenges in the box

If QPR win it will cost them £50m in FFP penalties...see the Bret W Wilson post

If qpr win I think it will cost them way more than £50m when the scum sucking never has beens in their team along with there management get on the feeding frenzy, all clambering for a new premiership contract.   

There” London minimum living wage and housing association flat dwelling supporters”  (not having a dig there but even in London people are working class and qpr are from that back ground, with genuine fans) and shouldn't have to follow a losing premier league team at outrageous prices like last season.

The same applies if they stay in the championship I’m sure there fans are smart enough to realize that they were sold a hollow dream, they should have to suffer 2nd rate football at 1st rate prices again.

If QPR win it will cost them £50m in FFP penalties...see the Bret W Wilson post

I am not entirely sure if that is correct. Please dont shot me down if I am wrong, but many are under the impression relegated teams are exempt in the first season after... for obvious reasons. Next season would be far more difficult in the championship, but many players are out of contract and further players, who have been loaned out this season, will be sold if we stay down. If we are promoted, while FFP will not affect us (we would be unlikely to qualify for Europe !), many see the same mistakes being made

Again... I nor any other QPR supporter are looking for sympathy, its just the mess created by club management and in particular MHughes and an inexperienced chairman (who did what most managers clamber for, no questions asked cash). 

@birmingram... pretty spot on there. We are a glowing example of  "careful what you wish for"! Transfer deadline day is a little bit like Chrsitmas...

• You seen the clips on TV/the net...
  • it looks like just what you have hoped for...
  • you pray that its there on Christmas day morning....
  • however, when it is unwrapped, the new toy doesnt seem to perform as advertised on TV....
  • It isnt even shiny new, but someone else has used it
  • it breaks easily and then sometimes just wont work at all (Boswanka)...
  • you try to get rid of it at a bring and buy sell, but no one else wants it
  • You go back to the internet/TV and look for what you want for your birthday....
  • repeat ad infinitum until you discover that Father Christmas isnt visiting you any more
  • throw out all your toys and just play with borrowed ones, 
  • discover that building your own toys is much more rewarding in the long run as they are truly yours

Archived