Change of criteria for Senior Semi Final Home Tickets ??

gfs1ram

Just got my ticket over the phone for the Home Semi - impressed it only took 30 seconds to get through !!!

However even though I have held a 'Senior' Season Ticket  for the last 10 years (obtained under the DCFC rules prevailing at that time) I was advised that to qualify for the 'Senior' price i.e. £17.50 for the Semi you had to be aged 65 or over on Sept 5th 2013. 

Seemingly DCFC have changed the rules for the Semi (and presumably the Final if we get there).

I was 65 a few days later in Sept so apparently just miss out. Had not read about this rule change in any press release so just letting people know.

Out of interest has any one else been effected in the same way ?

Talk about maximising income - LOL.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They haven't changed the rules for the semi final. They changed the rules for all tickets but honoured renewals at senior prices for ST holders that were renewing.

Correct. This season was my (and the missus) first full one as an over-60, so the rule change effectively cost us around £400. I just don't feel strongly about it because I'm still gainfully employed.

The fact that gfs1ram was able to get a half price ticket for the last 10 years doesn't exactly fill me with sympathy.

Not asking for any sympathy Eddie. I was fortunate that I had just turned 55 when DCFC then changed the rules to make 'Seniors' from over 55. Could not believe it at the time but hey ho.

And Davenport I was told that they have apparently changed the rules for the Semi Senior tickets as I have stated above. I got a Chelsea cup ticket for example at the Senior rate as per season ticket.

Yea I had to pay full price and I'm 61 years old 62 in July.But to be fair to DCFC I'm happy as I think they have been fair regarding honouring Senior prices to people under 65 who already had Senior status. I've had it for 2 years now.

The only thing I would say they changed the rules and made Senior rates at 65 rather than at 60.

The web site still didn't allocate my seat number even if I signed on so I went down to the ground and got ticket avoiding admin and postage charges.

There would seem to be a few of you 'gentlemen ' looking for trouble. I hope you slept well and are feeling more polite to the aged this morning.

'Gentlemen' lol. You make me laugh Arch :-D

Archived