The play offs are going to be tense.

Curtains

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it the "quite" means you were kidding...if not, I'll burn you a copy of the final.

Throw in the Newcastle game too.

Thinking of which, haven't watched it for at least a month or two. Overdue.

oh fxck i can't believe i forgot that season :blush: how very embarrassing 

not a very entertaining game though 

oh fxck i can't believe i forgot that season :blush: how very embarrassing 

not a very entertaining game though

The final was an awesome game! Yeah, it was a total scrap, scrubber even...But the tension...I'd even say the tactics were top as we tied a clearly superior side (skill-wise) down.

One of the most rewarding moments I've felt when the final whistle blew. I had sat all day expecting a moment (a moment of magic is way too inappropriate) to bring us down. The release of tension at the whistle was enormous. The sheer release.

But, to be honest, it was it superseded the next season by both Newcastle games in the Premiership. If I recall correctly, both were 5am Monday games in Australia. The first one was incredible. I rode every single moment. My neighbours must've hated my guts. And when the whistle blew, I just sat there exhausted.

By the time of the second, we knew how out of our depth we were in the Premiership. We led early, held a one- nil lead for more than 90% of the game, defended superbly for all that time then...Succumbed very late to an equaliser...Although the sheer adrenaline from defending for so long subsided a bit, I must admit I was scared (and would gave been scarred for life if it'd happened) we'd let them in for a late win. I remember going into work that morning and everyone commented that I had the most contented, relaxed smile all day ("did you get a r00t last night?" my boss asked me and apparently he wasn't the only one who'd formed that impression). Which must place the second Newcastle game after March because I "died" on October 31 and November 1 and 2, then had three months off work to recover...

Aaahhh, memories. And I'm ready for another go at the premiership!

bizarrely some bookies putting wigan as more likely to get promoted than us... only be a fraction.

They must be very confident of them beating QPR in the semi-final then.

Archived