who going england u21

B4ev6is

What a dull evening.

The crowd was awful as well (to be expected though). Lads next to us spent the whole match talking about Yaya Toure and I actually saw some kids in front of us playing FIFA on their phones instead of watching the match.

And if I ever see anybody with one of those ******* air horn things at a Derby game, I'll cram it down their ******* windpipe.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrelevant from the Derby ties, I thought Redmond was Brilliant, perfect winger

Redmond and Ince were the only bright sparks in a horrible, turgid affair that reflected the inherent dullness of the manager. For the most part they are clones of what we already have in the England first XI and no doubt will do well grinding out the 1-0 wins over the likes of Albania and the 0-0 draws against Iceland necessary for us to progress beyond the qualifying stages of the 2022 World Cup.

A complete waste of an evening.

Attendance was disappointing  but I suppose there were a lot of mitigating circumstances like KO time, senior match on same night etc but the whole occasion seemed very low key and atmosphere very flat. I know a few people up here who bought tickets a while ago but didn't go simply because of the nightmare of getting to the ground on time through all the rush hour roadworks on M1 or A61.

As for the match, it was tedious in the extreme although did improve slightly second half. I agree Redmond was the stand out player but thought  Ince was arrogant and greedy, an undoubtedly talented player but one who seems to believe in his own hype too much.

Jenkinson looked solid at fullback and was good going forward and I could see why he was selected over Wisdom. Ravel Morrison was garbage and 'Arry is welcome to him, however he was touted as an outside chance for the world cup squad is beyond me.

The whole hype around Hughes and Bamford, the 'local hero' stuff and featuring on the programme cover just smacked of a cynical ploy to sell tickets when in reality Hughes was restricted to a brief cameo appearance and Bamford didn't even make the bench.

Still, at least the senior game on the same night meant that the England  'band' were 100 miles away, every cloud and all that.

Redmond and Ince were the only bright sparks in a horrible, turgid affair that reflected the inherent dullness of the manager. For the most part they are clones of what we already have in the England first XI and no doubt will do well grinding out the 1-0 wins over the likes of Albania and the 0-0 draws against Iceland necessary for us to progress beyond the qualifying stages of the 2022 World Cup.

Freeman was the best player on show, Redmond was average and Ince spent much of his time searching for his chip. 

Dont agree with your description of Southgate.

I think this job will be the making of him. One of the first advocates of having a new centre of excellence in St Georges Park. Also trying to change the way the youth set up is run in this country.

For starters hes trying to use the Toulon tournament in a positive way by trying to get the best players there. otherwise like he says, they will never play against South American, African nations etc until they are fully fledged internationals.

He maybe a slow burner but hes on the right track me thinks and is a lot better than some people believe (i.e. the press)

Good luck too him.

Dont agree with your description of Southgate.

I think this job will be the making of him. One of the first advocates of having a new centre of excellence in St Georges Park. Also trying to change the way the youth set up is run in this country.

For starters hes trying to use the Toulon tournament in a positive way by trying to get the best players there. otherwise like he says, they will never play against South American, African nations etc until they are fully fledged internationals.

He maybe a slow burner but hes on the right track me thinks and is a lot better than some people believe (i.e. the press)

Good luck too him.

Don't care what he was advocating - actions speak louder than words. From 82 minutes onwards, England gave up any real intention of scoring, continually playing the ball into the corners and running the clock down in classic Billy Davies fashion. England actually forced a corner from one of these diagonal forays and had one player in the box. It might be winning football, but it was depressing to watch. Still, they are 9 points clear of Wales, so 'Job Done', as a certain dwarf-like failure once said.

Don't care what he was advocating - actions speak louder than words. From 82 minutes onwards, England gave up any real intention of scoring, continually playing the ball into the corners and running the clock down in classic Billy Davies fashion. England actually forced a corner from one of these diagonal forays and had one player in the box. It might be winning football, but it was depressing to watch. Still, they are 9 points clear of Wales, so 'Job Done', as a certain dwarf-like failure once said.

Believe me by 2022 at the latest people will see the benefits of what he was advocating. Shame not everyone will share this sentiment on someone who is willing to push England forward.

Just think of it as this. It is the beginning of something great. Yes we're playing catch up but I firmly believe the national set up has its best years ahead of them rather than behind them.

Believe me by 2022 at the latest people will see the benefits of what he was advocating. Shame not everyone will share this sentiment on someone who is willing to push England forward.

Just think of it as this. It is the beginning of something great. Yes we're playing catch up but I firmly believe the national set up has its best years ahead of them rather than behind them.

I have nothing but praise for how the FA are trying to life youth development by its bootstraps, but did you actually see that negative garbage last night?

Oh hang about - silly me. 

"http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a456/luckyeddie2/article-1389224-0C2C56FB00000578-427_634x384_zps27c07b17" alt="article-1389224-0C2C56FB00000578-427_634">

I have nothing but praise for how the FA are trying to life youth development by its bootstraps, but did you actually see that negative garbage last night?

Oh hang about - silly me.

"http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a456/luckyeddie2/article-1389224-0C2C56FB00000578-427_634x384_zps27c07b17" alt="article-1389224-0C2C56FB00000578-427_634">

Huh? Just having a discussion?

Go on eddie give us a song......Martin Stephenson perhaps.....It's Friday lets all have a sing song.

Martin Stephenson – Look Down Look Down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxk4UQZ0lCA

Oh actions speak louder than words……

Oh actions speak louder than words…….

Louder and louder and louder and louder…….

Look down, look down, speak loud, speak loud……….

Archived