Burnley away

rammieib

I think you're being rather harsh to be honest. Burnley is an old mill town, so you'll see more terraced houses than towns in the midlands or down south. It was the cotton capital of the world and also the richest town in England some 100+ years ago. Times changes and so do fortunes. It's no different than any other northern town, inc Derby and others in the midlands. We have nice bits and we have poor bits. It just happened that, unfortunately, you have to drive via the poor bits to get to and from the ground. I have a good management job but there are lots of areas that I could never afford to live. I'd imagine that's the same in Derby? In fact I know it is because I have family there and also work there from time to time.

Regarding the stand, if you've actually ever been (?) you'll see that the only thing wooden is the thing you park your arse on. The rest is concrete. As I've said, none of you will be sitting down so that is irrelevant.

£28 isn't cheap, and our fans agree. It is also miles away from being the most expensive though. If you're going to miss a big game, which will likely cost £70 for the day, because of £3-4 then cost isn't the main reason and is just an excuse.

Spot on. Burnley is a great day out, love a ground that has seen better days... they used to call it character and history I believe. Proper town as well.

Think some fans must prefer your Reading's or MK Dons or something, characterless souless places with comfortable plastic seats in the stadia, unrestricted views, great traffic management systems to and from the ground, speedy in-ground service with a Jamie Oliver Pie and all the rest that comes with it - preferably a USB plug-in next to their seat too so they can ensure their gameboys don't run out of juice mid-match.

I get a bit embarrassed by the comments on these boards sometimes towards fellow champ clubs. We're Derby County from the Baseball ground and our strength used to be about having that Town club mentality (despite being a city). Aways fans used to know they'd be trawling through the back end of Derby to see their team. Those were the days, now its the souless Ipro Arena (or whatever its called) on a retail/business park and delusions of grandeur from the fanbase.

Anyway, come on you Rams!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on. Burnley is a great day out, love a ground that has seen better days... they used to call it character and history I believe. Proper town as well.

Think some fans must prefer your Reading's or MK Dons or something, characterless souless places with comfortable plastic seats in the stadia, unrestricted views, great traffic management systems to and from the ground, speedy in-ground service with a Jamie Oliver Pie and all the rest that comes with it - preferably a USB plug-in next to their seat too so they can ensure their gameboys don't run out of juice mid-match.

I get a bit embarrassed by the comments on these boards sometimes towards fellow champ clubs. We're Derby County from the Baseball ground and our strength used to be about having that Town club mentality (despite being a city). Aways fans used to know they'd be trawling through the back end of Derby to see their team. Those were the days, now its the souless Ipro Arena (or whatever its called) on a retail/business park and delusions of grandeur from the fanbase.

Anyway, come on you Rams!

Cracking post. I'd rather go to some of the old atmospheric grounds and risk standing in piss in the old roofless bogs than some souless over policed over stewarded bowl.

Can I just say that I was quite impressed with your fans today. Until the second goal they were really good, and got behind the team. Went quiet after that which is understandable. Much better than Forest who just gave it the 'it is what it is' song, but we battered them from the off to be fair. 6-0 wouldn't have flattered us by half-time last week, that's how poor they were.

QPR looked impressive earlier this season, although rarely threatened. Reading also looked good back in October, but Derby are the best side to have visited our place this season. Almost all of your players seemed comfortable and composed on the ball, and our players gave them the respect they deserved by standing off them and not diving in, which they would have done with lesser players.

Regarding the sending off I haven't seen it a second time. I hear he slipped, but if he did in fact ask for the penalty then you can get booked for that I suppose. I know it sounds harsh but Martin was treading a fine line today as after his booking the ref had to speak with him on 3 occasions. He was then a marked man and whether it was then, or later on, I felt he was going to get sent off today.

I like Derby so I really want you to go up. I just hope it's via the play offs.

Can I just say that I was quite impressed with your fans today. Until the second goal they were really good, and got behind the team. Went quiet after that which is understandable. Much better than Forest who just gave it the 'it is what it is' song, but we battered them from the off to be fair. 6-0 wouldn't have flattered us by half-time last week, that's how poor they were.

QPR looked impressive earlier this season, although rarely threatened. Reading also looked good back in October, but Derby are the best side to have visited our place this season. Almost all of your players seemed comfortable and composed on the ball, and our players gave them the respect they deserved by standing off them and not diving in, which they would have done with lesser players.

Regarding the sending off I haven't seen it a second time. I hear he slipped, but if he did in fact ask for the penalty then you can get booked for that I suppose. I know it sounds harsh but Martin was treading a fine line today as after his booking the ref had to speak with him on 3 occasions. He was then a marked man and whether it was then, or later on, I felt he was going to get sent off today.

thanks for your help with pubs and parking. I found a spot on the street near a park and a fire station. Didn't get chance to go to the pub cause there was an accident on the m1. Next time i'm going to the ram inn.

thanks for your help with pubs and parking. I found a spot on the street near a park and a fire station. Didn't get chance to go to the pub cause there was an accident on the m1. Next time i'm going to the ram inn.

The Ram Inn in Cliviger is rather a nice pub actually and only 3 mile from the ground. It used to be my 'date' pub where I took ladies when I was younger. ;-D

The Ram Inn in Cliviger is rather a nice pub actually and only 3 mile from the ground. It used to be my 'date' pub where I took ladies when I was younger. ;-D

I know my reputation preceeds me but if you're still single now I wouldn't say no to a rendez-vous at the Ram Inn?

Agreed mate.

I think Martin has got away with it for too long, his diving exploits have been so valuable to us this season but one day he was going to get caught out.

Turf moor is a fortress and I think even Leicester will struggle against you. If you can sort it out away from home you have finished second end of. 

We have a much easier run in than you on paper but no game is easy at that point in the season so it will be tight either way.

The first 40 minutes the game was great, we started the brighter but you found your feet. Class finish from Jones, he was always going to score being ex Derby. I think 1-1 at half time would have been just and with 11 men who knows. Anyway we got very very lucky last week so you get some and you lose some. 

Was very disappointed with Vokes and Ings, although from your point of view I bet it is a good thing that you still scored 2 goals and they were not very good.  

Archived