Swedish cider.

Boycie

Scrumped a variety of wild growing apples from our locality a few years back, chopped them, froze them in bin liners.

When defrosted the apples had a spongy texture and released their juice easily. I made a press using some marine ply and a bottle jack and pressed the apples; they produced about 14 gallons of juice, which incidentally was delicious "raw".

I boiled the juice down to 10 gallons, fermented it with a champagne yeast until bone dry then bottled in 2l pop bottles with a couple of teaspoons of sugar and left for a secondary fermentation.

The finished product was superb more akin to a sparkling dry white than a cider: Fruity, crisp, dry yet a lot softer than shop bought dry cider. It was around 10% ABV.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scrumped a variety of wild growing apples from our locality a few years back, chopped them, froze them in bin liners.

When defrosted the apples had a spongy texture and released their juice easily. I made a press using some marine ply and a bottle jack and pressed the apples; they produced about 14 gallons of juice, which incidentally was delicious "raw".

I boiled the juice down to 10 gallons, fermented it with a champagne yeast until bone dry then bottled in 2l pop bottles with a couple of teaspoons of sugar and left for a secondary fermentation.

The finished product was superb more akin to a sparkling dry white than a cider: Fruity, crisp, dry yet a lot softer than shop bought dry cider. It was around 10% ABV.

How long long it take to make?

They make some good ****.

Do they make cider in Finland?

Belgium isn't far behind. Cider mind, not that gravy beer they make.

Seriously? There's no good cider in Scandinavia if homemade/microbrewery ain't counted. Big companies just use essences and cordials, so those can barely be counted as a cider..

I'm going to try this, have almost similar recipe. In mine there's bolded text that it has to be kept in dark place?

I'm going to try this, have almost similar recipe. In mine there's bolded text that it has to be kept in dark place?

It's good practice to protect your brew from uv light, it has more effect on darker coloured brews; hence why red wines and darker beers are sold in coloured bottles.

Is this forum creating news, leading the agenda?

We speak of swedish cider, next minute we're linked with a swedish left back.

Coincidence? I think not.

What's Stockholm's take on all this? Is Cisse really a swede masquerading as a Finn?

are Stockholm and Cisse one and the same? Is Dimmu a shadowy Blofeld type character stroking a big pussy?

Bloody vikings.

Is this forum creating news, leading the agenda?

We speak of swedish cider, next minute we're linked with a swedish left back.

Coincidence? I think not.

What's Stockholm's take on all this? Is Cisse really a swede masquerading as a Finn?

are Stockholm and Cisse one and the same? Is Dimmu a shadowy Blofeld type character stroking a big pussy?

Bloody vikings.

Quick start a thread on cachaca.

Archived