Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

sage

I am certain that they didn't water the pitch to stop our passing game .

Kinell.....the game was in doubt because of a water logged pitch and you want them to water it?!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had a home game called off on the Saturday... and this was Tuesday. Surely that's doubtful.

There was never a suggestion that it was in doubt - three days with not a great deal of rain. But does it really matter? Someone picked up on the fact that I said they didn't water the pitch which wasn't helpful to Derby's passing game. They don't water it to make the grass grow, they put a fine spray on it to put a bit of zip into the pitch. As Wednesday play most of their football in the air it didn't matter to them.

There was never a suggestion that it was in doubt - three days with not a great deal of rain. But does it really matter? Someone picked up on the fact that I said they didn't water the pitch which wasn't helpful to Derby's passing game. They don't water it to make the grass grow, they put a fine spray on it to put a bit of zip into the pitch. As Wednesday play most of their football in the air it didn't matter to them.

Wouldn't exactly say there was much grass to water.

Archived