Jamie Wards Injury?

McClarensLads

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunate, he had a very good game against Birmingham and began okay last night.

However, I think Russell and Dawkins are our best options and they'll hopefully be the two starting wingers come the end of the season. Russell has the pace that Dawkins and Bamford don't have, Wardy's also not as quick as everyone thinks, but he's very agile. Dawkins is almost invaluable in my opinion, he gets a hold of the ball much better than any of the other wingers and doesn't give it away cheaply, he'll either skin his marker or lay off a pass to Bryson/Forsyth more often than not.

Bamford isn't much of a winger but I reckon he's going to become good for impact subbing. Also got to be the best back-up for Martin we could get for our money. However, Ward is a lot more versatile than any of the other wingers, he can play either side very well.

Dawkins is almost invaluable in my opinion, he gets a hold of the ball much better than any of the other wingers and doesn't give it away cheaply, he'll either skin his marker or lay off a pass to Bryson/Forsyth more often than not.

I'm sorry but he does give it away cheaply, in fact every time he cuts inside and shoots. That is the most frustrating thing as it is so fookin obvious!!!

I'm sorry but he does give it away cheaply, in fact every time he cuts inside and shoots. That is the most frustrating thing as it is so fookin obvious!!!

That's not giving it away cheaply IMO Ryn, that's using it. Ward tends to get dispossessed a lot more than Dawks does, wouldn;t you rather have someone who take a shot?

If you don't shoot, you don't score

It only takes a second to score a goal

The boy done good

Other cliches

Dawkins doesn't lack pace though - the goal against Doncaster was not a goal a player lacking in pace could score.

He just doesn't ever really run the ball in a straight line down the wing and spends a lot of time running inside/square - players never look as quick going across a pitch as down it.

You've just answered your point for me, Dawkins isn't a quick winger when cutting inside; Russell is.

That's not giving it away cheaply IMO Ryn, that's using it. Ward tends to get dispossessed a lot more than Dawks does, wouldn;t you rather have someone who take a shot?

If you don't shoot, you don't score

It only takes a second to score a goal

The boy done good

Other cliches

It is when the defender is 2 yards in front of you and there is no chance of it getting anywhere near the goal.

Archived