Following on from DET article: Pick your side.

Ambitious

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you criticise Buxton!!? What has Hendrick done?!?

Really don't get this Buxton thing I really don't. He's just an average centre back that's all for me and it's my opinion it'll never change. Don't forget I was spoilt with the likes of Todd and Roy Mac and Stimac.

Hendrick did nothing wrong when he came on at Brum yet people were trying to blame him for the Brum 2nd goal and that's really fickle it was Bamfords bad pass and then the defense just didn't defend .

The 3rd Brum goal was a complete defensive cock up from a corner end of and on Brums 1st goal the scorer had a massive free header and so much space it was unbelievable where were the CBs!

Really don't get this Buxton thing I really don't. He's just an average centre back that's all for me and it's my opinion it'll never change. Don't forget I was spoilt with the likes of Todd and Roy Mac and Stimac.

In isolation that may make some sense but when you think he's not as good as Keogh, Whitbread and Keane when virtually everyone can see different, there has to be more to it than that surely?

In isolation that may make some sense but when you think he's not as good as Keogh, Whitbread and Keane when virtually everyone can see different, there has to be more to it than that surely?

My honest opinion is that Keogh Whitbread and Keane are better footballers than Buxton.

But Buxton has a fan cult status but I don't go along with it I'm sorry.

I think I will be proved right in the end and that sounds really big headed as for me Buxton is holding this team back . I hope NC comes in for him.

I know I will be shot down as loads of fans just don't agree with me and thats their prerogative

My honest opinion is that Keogh Whitbread and Keane are better footballers than Buxton.

I think I will be proved right in the end and that sounds really big headed as for me Buxton is holding this team back . I hope NC comes in for him.

I would really like to agree with you, but then we would both be wrong about Buxton and that would be silly.

I know I will be shot down as loads of fans just don't agree with me and thats their prerogative

You've deposited the same nonsense a thousand times, so what makes you think that this pile will smell any different?

I would really like to agree with you, but then we would both be wrong about Buxton and that would be silly.

m8 I know you don't agree with me it's yours and others prerogative . Ultimately the Manager will decide but I believe hes missed a trick with the defense but time will tell.

Hendrick did nothing wrong when he came on at Brum yet people were trying to blame him for the Brum 2nd goal and that's really fickle it was Bamfords bad pass and then the defense just didn't defend .

The 3rd Brum goal was a complete defensive cock up from a corner end of and on Brums 1st goal the scorer had a massive free header and so much space it was unbelievable where were the CBs!

Imagine blaming someone for something that wasn't their fault!

Pretty much agree with your comment. As much as I like Buxton I can't see him being in first team next season whatever division we were in.

Also slightly off tangent but I remember people wondering how he got another contract when he was out injured for a long time a couple of seasons ago. He was thought of along the likes of Saul Deeney.

Yes for sure he's been bloody brilliant this season but I do feel he has to play out of his skin I everytime to stay close or in the side. Hope that made sense in perverse kind of way.

Pretty much agree with your comment. As much as I like Buxton I can't see him being in first team next season whatever division we were in.

Also slightly off tangent but I remember people wondering how he got another contract when he was out injured for a long time a couple of seasons ago. He was thought of along the likes of Saul Deeney.

Yes for sure he's been bloody brilliant this season but I do feel he has to play out of his skin I everytime to stay close or in the side. Hope that made sense in perverse kind of way.

I'm always looking for his next mistake that's how I feel. He makes me uneasy watching him defend . At Brum he over ran the ball a couple of times and only just managed to retrieve the situation. He does that a lot .

I'm always looking for his next mistake that's how I feel. He makes me uneasy watching him defend . At Brum he over ran the ball a couple of times and only just managed to retrieve the situation. He does that a lot .

Know exactly what you mean. Not doubting his bravery and commitment though

I will never understand how people don't rate Buxton in fairness, I'd love at least one shred of evidence to prove me wrong, what are people seeing that I'm not?

he's actually one of the best footballing centre-backs in the division, statistics prove that - but it's something that doesn't even need statistics.

I will go on record and say, if someone offered me a million for Buxton, or 100k for Keogh... I'd take the 100k for Keogh and keep Buxton.

I know it may not be a popular opinion, but on the basis of what i've seen this season and the other 20 odd championship games I've seen on top of our games, I would say it's a fairly solid standpoint.

I will never understand how people don't rate Buxton in fairness, I'd love at least one shred of evidence to prove me wrong, what are people seeing that I'm not?

he's actually one of the best footballing centre-backs in the division, statistics prove that - but it's something that doesn't even need statistics.

I will go on record and say, if someone offered me a million for Buxton, or 100k for Keogh... I'd take the 100k for Keogh and keep Buxton.

I know it may not be a popular opinion, but on the basis of what i've seen this season and the other 20 odd championship games I've seen on top of our games, I would say it's a fairly solid standpoint.

A Million now you are having a laugh lol. That sounds disparaging but it's not meant to be i just can't believe it I'm going for another drink.

A Million now you are having a laugh lol

I've watched a lot of football this season, football league especially.

There is very few defenders I rate more that I have seen, Morrison, Hobbs and Maguire that's about it.

As I said, one shred of evidence that he is under average in this division and I'll never talk about him again - it just perplexes me because I just don't see it at all, I've come away from 3/4 games this season thinking he has disappointed me.. with Keogh, I think i've come away from about 8/9 games thinking he hasn't disappointed me... huge difference. 

Archived