John Eustace, Derby Fans and Realistic Expectations

Nuwtfly

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd still start with Eustace, his experience and leadership qualities on the pitch are vital to us, but we now have the option to bring on Thorne after the hour mark for some fresh legs, if I were to make a change to the current 11 I would be more inclined to swap Russell for Bamford, he sounded razor sharp against Brum and will offer much more defensively.

IMO you cant drop a guy who has bagged 4 in 4.

Buxton is not specifically slow or immobile, he just cannot turn quickly. In a straight line he's okay, and reacting to a second ball, he's okay, however if someone spins him, he needs a turning circle of about 2m (similar to a Hackney carriage), which for me is his only weakness.

Why is George Thorne definitely going to be the saviour.

Isn't he still coming back from ligament damage.

Do we even know if he is quicker and fitter than Eustace?

Let's not pin everything on him to be the new Eustace when we haven't seen him play.

I agree sometimes when we attack everyone goes forward except Bucko Keogh and Eustace.

Thorne showed incredible fitness at Watford in fairness, i've touched on it previously.

For touches and passes, noone in our side even got close to him. Same for tackles, interceptions...etc 

I do believe it is Eustace not offering enough protection which does cause us to look a bit weak through the middle, but, it's not to say he has done a bad job. Just not a top 2 standard job.

Archived