George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Yep.

On paper it's a great idea.

You need person A to do a job. You could let person A use all his own tools. Or person B can go out and buy all the tools he'd use if he was doing the job. But person B isn't doing the job. Person B has no experience in that job. He's been around to know what the job should look like when it's finished but he didn't do those jobs either.

All makes perfect sense now, yes?

I like the twist we've put on the Head Coach/DoF hierarchy. McClaren gives the details of what he needs, Evans sends out his scouting team and produces a list of candidates but, unlike most clubs, McClaren makes the final decision. McCLaren also gets to go for players he specifically wants (Dawkins for example) if he knows the right player. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really sure how I feel about my club right now.

Pin Striped shirts, Alan f**king Irvine at the helm, about 18 players in the whole club and the stingiest chairman in Britain.

Future looks bleak, we might challenge you guys record for lowest points ever in the prem  ^_^

As far as Thorne goes. I can't really see him being excited to work under Irvine, although I think he will give him a chance in the first team (if he can't manage to force a move before then). 

Now I really think he'll want out of the club though, along with several other players (Mulumbu, Foster, Olsson et al).

Irvine, like Sherwood at Tottenham, is a strange appointment. 

I don't think management is quite what it's built up to be, it's a lot of farcical nonsense and it's easy to come across as a top manager even if you're not, and it's easy to come across as an idiot even if you're not. 

The only thing I believe when appointing managers, it's got to be someone who the players will respect from day one. Otherwise, even if the manager is first-class and brilliant, the players just won't put their all in for him and will ignore things where they have indifferent opinions. 

I can't see George Thorne, or the players Bromwich mentioned, listening to Irvine from day one. They'll see through the Sherwood rejection and ask questions. Obviously it depends on the characters in the squad, but if they look down on Irvine then I can't see him doing much.

I'm not really sure how I feel about my club right now.

Pin Striped shirts, Alan f**king Irvine at the helm, about 18 players in the whole club and the stingiest chairman in Britain.

Future looks bleak, we might challenge you guys record for lowest points ever in the prem ^_^

As far as Thorne goes. I can't really see him being excited to work under Irvine, although I think he will give him a chance in the first team (if he can't manage to force a move before then).

Now I really think he'll want out of the club though, along with several other players (Mulumbu, Foster, Olsson et al).

I honestly feel bad for you mate. There's nothing worse in football than feeling disillusioned by your club. It's not like you can just go and support someone else is it?!

For me at Derby it was our prem season that did me in.

You just have to keep the faith I think. Stranger things have happened in football than your new gaffer turning out to be a cracking good find, who knows how it will pan out. Hopefully for the best for all involved. And with GT back in his Rams kit ;)

I honestly feel bad for you mate. There's nothing worse in football than feeling disillusioned by your club. It's not like you can just go and support someone else is it?!

For me at Derby it was our prem season that did me in.

You just have to keep the faith I think. Stranger things have happened in football than your new gaffer turning out to be a cracking good find, who knows how it will pan out. Hopefully for the best for all involved. And with GT back in his Rams kit ;)

I heard Villa, Wolves and Brum are looking for more fans.

Can't believe WBA have "done a Southampton" with the kit... That's just wrong... That's like us going from plain shirts to stripes... Anyway, back on topic... Has Georgy boy signed yet?... Prob end up signing Boy George.

Future looks bleak, we might challenge you guys record for lowest points ever in the prem  ^_^

I'd take that. Not that I hate the Baggies or anything but that low points total is a real millstone round our necks and the sooner it's gone, the better. Ideally, QPR will take the mantle but I doubt it will ever be beaten in all honesty...

Can't believe WBA have "done a Southampton" with the kit... That's just wrong... That's like us going from plain shirts to stripes...

Sounds a bit like our Auto Windscreens shirt, 93-94 season.

On what basis are you making this statement? You heard something? Everything crossed that you are right though...

Only the voices in my head. 

They seem to be working well for me at the minute, BetVictor aren't too happy about it though.  :D

@smadeley_star: Jeremy Peace: 6 more new faces for Albion. #wba http://t.co/9WJdprLGLf

@smadeley_star: Jeremy Peace's figures are for a net increase of 6 players. That would include Lescott, but might also mean some in + some out. #wba

@smadeley_star: Looking at the squad, there are probably too many central midfielders so wouldn't be surprised if one (Maybe Thorne) departed. #wba

@smadeley_star: Jeremy Peace: 6 more new faces for Albion. #wba http://t.co/9WJdprLGLf

@smadeley_star: Jeremy Peace's figures are for a net increase of 6 players. That would include Lescott, but might also mean some in + some out. #wba

@smadeley_star: Looking at the squad, there are probably too many central midfielders so wouldn't be surprised if one (Maybe Thorne) departed. #wba

Good news for us, if they want money to spend then what better way by getting rid of a certain, trouble making midfielder that doesn't want to be there and may cause disruption. Have no fear Baggies, we'll take him off your hands, its the charitable thing to do. No need to thank us  :cool:

Archived