George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Did you have an action man with the moving eyes or with hair? Mine was all plastic.

Everything I had to wait till Xmas for he got straight away. Only child.

Of course you could always help this healing process by agreeing that GT is better off with us, state that all of your opinions are flawed and you believe he's very likely to sign for Derby in the coming weeks. That would really help to heal the childhood scars.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A WBA fan once told me that boing boing was the noise the bags made when the 'bag men' walked with the bags.

unfortunately for you whatever the reason it developed into one of the daftest chants in all of football!

And come on you rams sounds like a frustrated farmer

I honestly think he should be playing for them next season because he is more than capable... I just hope they don't realise that :lol:

Goddamn you for your logical, fair spirited, putting the man first attitude! I want false hope, broken dreams and delusion. It helps me sleep at night.

Seriously tho, spot on. Damn you.

There is so much emphasis on the importance of us signing Thorne. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if he signed but all we have to compare him against is a 35 year old has been.

The guy joined a proven team, took his chance and did better than Eustace. I think there are many cheaper options who would be able to do that. It really wouldn't be the end of the world if this one gets away from us.

There is so much emphasis on the importance of us signing Thorne. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if he signed but all we have to compare him against is a 35 year old has been.

The guy joined a proven team, took his chance and did better than Eustace. I think there are many cheaper options who would be able to do that. It really wouldn't be the end of the world if this one gets away from us.

But it would be a huge bonus. Buying him now saves finding a 'stop-gap' player for this season and then having to buy one IF we go up.

But it would be a huge bonus. Buying him now saves finding a 'stop-gap' player for this season and then having to buy one IF we go up.

Agreed but I wouldn't be breaking our transfer record on him as some have suggested on here. I actually think that a £1million ish offer is a reasonable starting point for his level of experience and would drop out if we started going much higher than £1.5mill. Anything beyond that is using up to much funds for other positions that need strengthening.

Agreed but I wouldn't be breaking our transfer record on him as some have suggested on here. I actually think that a £1million ish offer is a reasonable starting point for his level of experience and would drop out if we started going much higher than £1.5mill. Anything beyond that is using up to much funds for other positions that need strengthening.

How much would you value Hughes at then?

I agree with most of this. I do think Thorne would be a big bonus, and solidify our midfield beyond this season. But I wouldn't break the bank, beyond 2.5 mill is probably a bit much for me.

As for Eustace, he is an adequate CDM, with the quality of our CM's, he is effective in stopping other teams CM's play and let's our boys get on with making plays.

How much would you value Hughes at then?

As a Derby fan much higher than any other set of fans I suspect. I would also emphasise that what I said about Thorne is what he is worth to us, which is not necessarily his market value. It would be poor business if Will Hughes left for anything less than £5 million + significant add ons. My heart tells me he is worth way more than that.

The difference between Hughes and Thorne is that one had consistently demonstrated over the course of the season he is the best youngster in the division.The other had shown he is good in an already effective team over a short period of time.

Do you honestly think that George Thorne, English, 21 year old, centre midfielder, 3 years on contract, probable future England international who has just showed startling form for a top 3 championship club would go for £1.5m?

I really don't want to get a high and mighty about JP and his ability to get big bucks, and I am in no way say that GT is WORTH this much, but I will take at least £5m to sign him. I guarantee you. There is just too much potential in the lad not to over inflate his price.

Archived