George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Well done on picking one personal opinion out, shame you didn't post all the accurate quotes. Anyway honestly good luck as I really do like Derby but it really will be without Thorne like it or not as a Championship club cant spend the kind of cash he would command. No hard feelings and hope you come up sincerly.

If the things I heard about Sherwood at Spurs were true, then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him dumped on our doorstep next week with a ribbon around his head.

Think Mike Bassett, but less funny.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done on picking one personal opinion out, shame you didn't post all the accurate quotes. Anyway honestly good luck as I really do like Derby but it really will be without Thorne like it or not as a Championship club cant spend the kind of cash he would command. No hard feelings and hope you come up sincerly.

Knew I could get another post out of you ;)

I do see they seem to hang on your every word on there and it looks like you occasionally announce a deal shortly before it's official. Well done.

Knew I could get another post out of you ;)

I do see they seem to hang on your every word on there and it looks like you occasionally announce a deal shortly before it's official. Well done.

My boss is a County fan and we have a box at your place, if we are not playing I go to your games. I told anyone willing to listen that Thorninho was top class and watch out for him. After a couple of games they said he was pants but I said just wait and see, now they are doing cartwheels wanting to sign him.

Not having a go at you but no club in the Champ can spend the kind of money required to get him from a Prem club who dont need to sell, not just Derby but any club outside the Prem unfortunately.

This thread is embarrassing.

2 Baggies come on here and get subject to all this garbage.

A few observations.....

George Thorne made a huge improvement to us.

Players like GT are not ten a penny, they are rare.

He fits our system perfectly.

He would like to join us but is under contract to west brom.

If we want to sign him then we will have to meet THEIR asking price.

We can't name our price and then bleat that they are being stubborn or unfair if our bid is rejected.

Bidding under £1m is not clever.

It is totally pointless and makes us look like amateurs.

Hopefully we make a second serious and credible bid asap.

If we cannot afford him then thank west brom for the loan, thank GT for his endeavours and announce that we are moving on.

But frankly we have had ages to determine the asking price, we said we were going to have a real go to make this happen, or this just more posing in front of the fans in McFarlands Bar?

I would be worried if I were a WBA fan too. You almost dropped out last season, you may not be so lucky next time. Want some worry beads?

If we look at our two seasons:

One stayed in the premier league after a season whereby almost everything that could go wrong did go wrong (you seem to be forgetting we finished 11th, 10th then 8th the 3 years previously)

vs

A club who by all accounts had your best season in 7 seasons? and failed to get promotion.

I know which position I would prefer to be in and that's the one in the premier league.

My boss is a County fan and we have a box at your place, if we are not playing I go to your games. I told anyone willing to listen that Thorninho was top class and watch out for him. After a couple of games they said he was pants but I said just wait and see, now they are doing cartwheels wanting to sign him.

Not having a go at you but no club in the Champ can spend the kind of money required to get him from a Prem club who dont need to sell, not just Derby but any club outside the Prem unfortunately.

Sorry I don't buy it, he was absolutely outstanding on debut and nobody in their right mind would have said he was pants.

You may very well be right about the £8mil + addons, it's ludicrous but who am I to say, but the above is nonsense.

Hendrick and Hughes are invaluable first team players. George Thorne has a similar amount of Championship (and career) experience to Mark O'Brien, just chuck in a handful of Premier League games. Players with better records, similar age and more experience have gone for bids at that £1 mil mark from bigger clubs than West Ham. Unless West Brom are planning on playing him, I don't see any final price being that massive either.

West Ham?

If we look at our two seasons:

One stayed in the premier league after a season whereby almost everything that could go wrong did go wrong (you seem to be forgetting we finished 11th, 10th then 8th the 3 years previously)

vs

A club who by all accounts had your best season in 7 seasons? and failed to get promotion.

I know which position I would prefer to be in and that's the one in the premier league.

Your fellow Baggie was the one who said he was worried after lording it up over us. I just agreed that he should be worried. 

By the way I'd actually prefer our season to yours, much more fun thanks. 

Archived