George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

So why not mention Dawson's bid rejection also? I don't expect you to know the answer of course, but I'd hope you can relate to how this looks on the other side of the Midlands. It's two fingers up at us. WBA have had some bad publicity lately and you seem determined to make it even worse. Carry on though, don't let us stop you.

Or, maybe it was because Burnley have not been quoted in the press on numerous occasions stating they are going to sign a player who is under contract and conducted themselves in the proper manner? Just a hunch.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say people on here rate Will Hughes at 15 million, ignore them please.

Thorne and Hughes are very similar quality atm, Hughes has a bit more experience and exposure to the public eye which will mean most people outside of West Brom and Derby would put a much higher value on Hughes.

Your chairman seems to have got himself a reputation as being very stubborn on prices etc. has this helped you or hindered you in the past? 

I beg to differ IMO there are dozens of players in the Premier league like Thorne, there are not many with the scope and ability and promise  of Hughes,

Every player has his price, not for sale is a lie. This could go on for quite so time and I suspect will be very much new manager dependant. Perhaps the best hope for Derby is that whoever comes in does not like the attitude or whatever of Thorne.

I imagine Derby will keep plugging away, there is no way discussions would end after one bid! Part of me wonders if WBA haven't made the rejection public as to try and promote a bidding war. I also don't see why Derby would make their interest so well known if we weren't fairly confident of getting a deal.

We shall just have to see what happens, plenty of miles to go!

I beg to differ IMO there are dozens of players in the Premier league like Thorne, there are not many with the scope and ability and promise  of Hughes,

I agree with you.

My point was that Hughes in a playmaking, more advanced CM role is a quality player. Thorne in the deep lying CDM role is a quality player. 

And for their respective positions they are the same standard i.e. they could both play in the premier league. 

My point wasn't to do with their potential or rarity of style. Hughes is one of kind that will place his value higher but I was simply referring to their current ability not how good they will be in the future, if that makes sense.

Every player has his price, not for sale is a lie. This could go on for quite so time and I suspect will be very much new manager dependant. Perhaps the best hope for Derby is that whoever comes in does not like the attitude or whatever of Thorne.

I imagine Derby will keep plugging away, there is no way discussions would end after one bid! Part of me wonders if WBA haven't made the rejection public as to try and promote a bidding war. I also don't see why Derby would make their interest so well known if we weren't fairly confident of getting a deal.

We shall just have to see what happens, plenty of miles to go!

As I said previously, the decision is with The Technical director not the new coach. And he said no.

You lot remind me of Kevin and Perry desperate for a sh@g and the girl says no.

Remember, no means NO :)

Just looking at your transfers out for the last few years I can't see fact in your statement that JP will only let players go at 2-4 mill more than they're worth? Greening and Long are the only high profile players to be sold by you since 10/11, I wouldn't class Thorne in the same bracket as these two and yet you believe you'll sell him for 3.5 plus? If anyone is interested check it out on www.transferleague.co.uk

If a player wants to leave a club nowadays 99% of the time they get their wish. There is no point in keeping a player who wants away.

All this ****** about jp will stick him in the reserves to rot won't happen, if thorne is kept there against his will and stuck in reserves, training with the kids & has put a transfer request in, he could take them to court for deliberately trying to ruin his career.

He's a business man and 2.5 - 3mill coming into the club for a player who doesn't want to be there is good business.

If he can't see that then he shouldn't be in football.

I will pop back when the window has shut to either admit I was wrong or to remind you I was right.

Watch the wording become more stern when you put in another bid and I bet we use the term "unwelcomed bid" as opposed to "below our valuation".

IMO your best chance would have been another loan but you have blown any chance of that happening with your quotes in the press which reminded me of a man with a dog who has a bank account. Triffic player and of course we'd like him but he plays for XYZ"

No idea why the Baggies fans value Thorne at three or four plus million.

I like the player, but he's had a injury plague career already and played what? Ten games in the Premiership is it? 50 games in his entire career - Will Hughes has almost played double that and he's three years younger.

Why aren't Leicester, Burnley or any other side showing any form of interest? When he was available for loan I didn't see a massive queue for his signature, not even Watford where he was previously on loan.

Just looking at your transfers out for the last few years I can't see fact in your statement that JP will only let players go at 2-4 mill more than they're worth? Greening and Long are the only high profile players to be sold by you since 10/11, I wouldn't class Thorne in the same bracket as these two and yet you believe you'll sell him for 3.5 plus? If anyone is interested check it out on www.transferleague.co.uk

Yeah I was looking at that earlier and for 7 or 8 of the past 9 seasons their income nearly matches their expenditure yet a few members of their forum are laughing at comments like mine and are claiming they aren't a selling club  :huh:

As I said previously, the decision is with The Technical director not the new coach. And he said no.

You lot remind me of Kevin and Perry desperate for a sh@g and the girl says no.

Remember, no means NO :)

No does not mean no, especially in football. Check the % of players who leave after a club declares they're not for sale... It won't be anywhere near 0%...

No does not mean no, especially in football. Check the % of players who leave after a club declares they're not for sale... It won't be anywhere near 0%...

There's a West Brom fan 7 or 8 pages back who listed 4 or 5 Albion players who asked to leave, were told they weren't for sale only to be sold soon after  :lol:

There's a West Brom fan 7 or 8 pages back who listed 4 or 5 Albion players who asked to leave, were told they weren't for sale only to be sold soon after :lol:

"Odemwingie is not for sale".... "Sell him the transfer window after for a lower price"

Top businessman, keeping a high earner in the reserves when he could have been sold, only to sell him at a lower price! Ha

I can understand your disappointment, bit like when we had Lukaku and like yourselves, we couldn't afford to buy him either and neither could we match Everton's loan fee they were prepared to pay for a season. It is frustrating I know

Archived