George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

We already have at least one replacement at the club, remember our form was not so dusty with Eustace playing .

Agreed, I like Eustace and we are a better team when he is playing just think we need someone who is more mobile and has better ball distribution from deep.

If no one else comes in though in holding position glad to have him there. maybe try coutts as another option.?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunatley I can't see this happening at all, if it does I will be very, very surprised! I think Thornes comments have all but killed any chance of a deal going ahead. Why would West Brom put a statement on their website emphatically telling us to back off, he's not for sale. Surely if they wanted an increased offer it would have been along the lines of "We have rejected Derbys bid as it was grossly under what we value the player at" not pretty much "do one Derby, not for sale". To me that screams Were going to teach Thorne a lesson for bad mouthing us and certainly not allow him to join the club he wants to go to. I think they will throw him in the reserves and loan him out to the first club who come knocking, except us of course. F**k I hope on wrong, he's such a good player

Wouldn't we be doing the same if someone was bidding for one of our players? They know we badly want him so they will let it play out. If they can get decent money for a player who has never really got near the first team then they will have done well. Talk about people wrist slashing

Unfortunatley I can't see this happening at all, if it does I will be very, very surprised! I think Thornes comments have all but killed any chance of a deal going ahead. Why would West Brom put a statement on their website emphatically telling us to back off, he's not for sale. Surely if they wanted an increased offer it would have been along the lines of "We have rejected Derbys bid as it was grossly under what we value the player at" not pretty much "do one Derby, not for sale". To me that screams Were going to teach Thorne a lesson for bad mouthing us and certainly not allow him to join the club he wants to go to. I think they will throw him in the reserves and loan him out to the first club who come knocking, except us of course. F**k I hope on wrong, he's such a good player

Sad but true.

Wouldn't we be doing the same if someone was bidding for one of our players? They know we badly want him so they will let it play out. If they can get decent money for a player who has never really got near the first team then they will have done well. Talk about people wrist slashing

We don't badly want him. I don't think business will be done without a manager, so we sit tight while looking for other targets. If WBA want to play stupid games, we move on. There will be plenty of other options.

They have no headcoach, have next to no players and the ones they do have seem to be wanting out.

Thorne is the only thing they have to keep the fans on side, I expect nothing less from them.

He'll be a DCFC player soon enough.

Why? Don't want to show your hand too early.

What fkn hand?

A sub £1m bid....wwwwwoooh ...that will tempt a premier league club.

Just tried the link and it comes up as an error - page removed?

What did it say?

“He underlined his potential while on loan at Derby and we have no intentions of selling him. We have told Derby he is not for sale and that is the end of the matter as far as we’re concerned'- Terry Burton

Maybe he has a figure in his contract that allows him to talk to anyone meeting that figure of course you do not want to offer that immediately so go in low and see the response....Answers. No so you then go back with another and another till if there is a clause you trigger it.

Just a maybe has we talk about bryson's.  

Player now also knows there is a bid and starts knocking on doors .

Archived