George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I'd wait for him to be shaking Steve's hand on the official website before the slaps on the back start.

For some reason I'm starting to believe it's going to happen.

Mackworthram seems to be credible and a fee of 4-5 is what I would expect WBA to sell Thorne for.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back off my holiday now.

Have had no wifi so not been on here since last weekend.

As you know last time I was on here I said about Hughes signing his 4 year deal and Bryson signing his new contract.

I also said George Thorne would sign the following week but then recieved news that it could be the week after.

I came on here to tell everyone and got shot down by a few.

Certain people were asking if id heard about any other signings of which I hadnt.

I have never once claimed to know everything. In fact I only know what my source hears. Its not much.

Anyway. I recieved a text on Wednesday last week to say that Thorne will be signing on Monday.

Ive not heard anything else since then.

I wasnt gonna come on here and tell you but the majority of you deserve to know.

So thats it. George Thorne will sign for Derby tomorrow.

The fee is very big (club record) but will be undisclosed.

Looking at the 4-5 million plus add ons

Absolute rubbish, nothing has been even near to agreed. Guess we will see if you have a clue tomorrow but I know you are not so lets see if I am right. I await the "things change" or "my source was wrong" or similar. Absolute rubbish and I guarantee that.

Delay!!??

It's early July!!

The only "delay" was trying to tempt WBA down on a price and Thorne to make his intentions clear. WBA didn't even have a coach when our first bid went in.

Derby warned right from the start this could take time. If he signs tomorrow then that's hardly any time at all.

It's fans that are living the soap opera.

"Offer xxxm"!

"Move on!"

"He just sneezed on twitter"

"It was a cough. He's not coming"

Like clingy ex girlfriends.

your sooooooooo right .

Except when your not.

Mackworthram has me believing again

Absolute rubbish, nothing has been even near to agreed. Guess we will see if you have a clue tomorrow but I know you are not so lets see if I am right. I await the "things change" or "my source was wrong" or similar. Absolute rubbish and I guarantee that.

I'm not one to stalk twitter and look into every single word looking for a clue but just a quick unimportant question.

Why did Thorne put "patience"?

It might not be football related but I'd probably be inclined to say that he's either going to commit to WBA or he's going to transfer soonish. That'd be my guess.

Nothing reported but something is happening?

The Thorne signing will generate so much revenue, i guarantee an extra 2-3000 season tickets will be sold on the back of Thorne signing, not to mention shirts with his name on the back.

If its gonna happen i reckon end of the week just as the shirts go on sale.

Not sure we will be allowed to sell that many more season tickets we are over 20k now.I remember when we got promoted the number was capped because the rules say you have to have a percentage of capacity available for general sale.

Though that was the prem i guess that the Fl will have something similar,I know the rule on away fans is 2000 or 10% of capacity which ever is greater to be made available.

I'm not one to stalk twitter and look into every single word looking for a clue but just a quick unimportant question.

Why did Thorne put "patience"?

It might not be football related but I'd probably be inclined to say that he's either going to commit to WBA or he's going to transfer soonish. That'd be my guess.

Nothing reported but something is happening?

Mate nothing is happening until you make another bid. He cant sign until you do this and you haven't. Talk of

Archived