George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Has anybody told West Brom it's a done deal though?  Why would they play him in preference to another of their players if they knew he was leaving?

I wouldn't read too much into that, wba & Newcastle are trying to sign a striker from Monaco. He played in a friendly for Monaco on Saturday even though both clubs have had discussions with Monaco

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's a done deal apparently??? And now West Brom are playing him in the hope he gets injured???

who says its a done deal

it seems like everyone. We've had 259 pages of it being a done deal !!

But it's a done deal apparently??? And now West Brom are playing him in the hope he gets injured??? FFS!!!

As posted before, if it's a done deal then why isn't it done yet?

I wouldn't be surprised if both sides fully expected it to go through, but WBA are a sensible club from what I can see and they won't just cast him aside as he is expected to leave, they will plan for all eventualities and that includes the possibility that he may stay, there for get him ready for the season.

3 years remaining on a contract currently states otherwise. It seems to me as though you can't afford him.

Me too

Lets be frank. If i were GT i would stay at WBA as he will fear for his life with all these middle aged hormonic stalkers after him. All he needs to do is read the previous 250 pages and realise very quickly that Mrs Thorne will have a job on her hands keeping hold of him as he will be bombarded with marriage proposals if he comes to DCFC and thats not to mention the young girls who will be clambouring after him.

As posted before, if it's a done deal then why isn't it done yet?

I wouldn't be surprised if both sides fully expected it to go through, but WBA are a sensible club from what I can see and they won't just cast him aside as he is expected to leave, they will plan for all eventualities and that includes the possibility that he may stay, there for get him ready for the season.

I've seen nothing to suggest West Brom have agreed to anything though.

What about the players that have been keeping him out of their team? The reason he wants to leave in the first place?

We keep being told it's a done deal so why would they plan for it not going through?

Unless it's not a done deal of course?

Jesus Christmas trees.

The people saying it's a done deal are bloody ITK dimwits or people hanging on every word of bloody ITK dimwits. Why don't you take your case up with them?

Jesus Christmas trees.

The people saying it's a done deal are bloody ITK dimwits or people hanging on every word of bloody ITK dimwits. Why don't you take your case up with them?

Also think some people are confusing "done deal" with fact and opinion. (Not accusing you of this)

There really is nothing to discuss here until another bid is rejected or accepted.

It's a traffic jam on a roundabout, tedious.

There hasn't been a worthwhile post in the last 50 pages, and unfortunately I've read them all.

For the love of our collective sanity would you all just shut the bloody hell up!?

(this post is only half tongue in cheek, I'm not really telling anyone to shut up)

There really is nothing to discuss here until another bid is rejected or accepted.

It's a traffic jam on a roundabout, tedious.

There hasn't been a worthwhile post in the last 50 pages, and unfortunately I've read them all.

For the love of our collective sanity would you all just shut the bloody hell up!?

(this post is only half tongue in cheek, I'm not really telling anyone to shut up)

good job as I've got some boxing gloves lol

2.5 million+ for an injury prone defensive midfielder....when we have just given our first choice midfield three all brand shiny new contracts.....

I would prefer we spend the money on a decent striker.

I agree 2.5 is probably too much dosh IMO.

But that's the going rate these days for his quality.

2.5 million+ for an injury prone defensive midfielder....when we have just given our first choice midfield three all brand shiny new contracts.....

I would prefer we spend the money on a decent striker.

No offence but you said he was worth 1.5m

You are way out on this one.

Archived