George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Interesting to hear, the one I know is that a bloke in an indian restaurant in Glasgow ordered chicken tikka and asked for some gravy - the chef knocked together a sauce and hey presto chicken tikka masala was born. Likely that the masala sauce was an old recipe but this is generally recognised as the birth of the nation's favourite dish (ctm) - I remember when it was fish and chips

Indeed, that's how the story goes. However, the person (Peter Grove)  who first told that story about the guy in the Shish Mahal restaurant complaining that his Tikka was too dry, and that meat deserves gravy so the waiter took it back to the kitchen and the chef threw some spices into a tin of Campbells Tomato Soup has, apparently, confessed that it was complete and utter made-up bull.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also look at Hulls season in comparison to your own, you let a proven prem goal scorer go for less than 10m...in this day and age that's piss poor business!

Don't see your point comparing our season to hull's, they finished one place and one point above us.

As for Shane Long one goal every four games is hardly prolific. Most wba fans agreed with the decision to sell and were happy with the fee received for a injury prone player that admitidly tries hard but generally just runs round a lot without much end product

I'm not ITK or anything I've been told via text by a mate who got it from somewhere maybe a talking goat.

WBA want 1.5m ish upfront 1.5m ish after 50 games both not an issue, the issue for Thorne is they want 60% of  the next transfer fee (not even profit).

After this is sorted out they think he will sign.

Don't see your point comparing our season to hull's, they finished one place and one point above us.

As for Shane Long one goal every four games is hardly prolific. Most wba fans agreed with the decision to sell and were happy with the fee received for a injury prone player that admitidly tries hard but generally just runs round a lot without much end product

Long has always looked like a player who has no extra dimensions to his game... great goalscorer but nowt else... like adam le fondre... in this day and age forward need to bring more to the team...

Long has always looked like a player who has no extra dimensions to his game... great goalscorer but nowt else... like adam le fondre... in this day and age forward need to bring more to the team...

Wow... a slightly negative opinion of Le Fondre! I remember when I was shouted down for suggesting how 1-dimensional he was.

Berahino is a young English goal scorer with a couple of seasons of prem experience and some important goals (Manu), if he's valued at around 8million then Thorne by comparison is worth about 2m. Taking into account experience, the league the experience is in, how happy the player is (I've played FIFA unhappy players are worth much less ;)) and previous injuries.

I rate your team (nothing to do with the Thorne transfer will he won't he ********) as quite poor yet central midfield is the one area you have real real quality so I can't fathom this? I know you've got a small squad but unless our Nigel clough is taking over you won't be able to play four central midfielders a game so do you really need any more?

(This is assuming after all the fuss your chairman has kicked up about not selling assets he doesn't sell your best player mulumbu)

Berahino has just one season of prem league experience and he's probably started around the same amount of prem games as Thorne.

Mulumbu & Yacob have generally been our first choice pairing, it's when one or both of them have been missing that we struggle more. This is because the players that fill in are not suited there, whereas Thorne would be a better fit.

I wouldn't rate a team that finished 11th, 10th & 8th as poor, even if last season's 17th place would suggest otherwise.

Berahino has just one season of prem league experience and he's probably started around the same amount of prem games as Thorne.

Mulumbu & Yacob have generally been our first choice pairing, it's when one or both of them have been missing that we struggle more. This is because the players that fill in are not suited there, whereas Thorne would be a better fit.

I wouldn't rate a team that finished 11th, 10th & 8th as poor, even if last season's 17th place would suggest otherwise.

Berahino 26 Prem games v Thorne's 9

I'm not ITK or anything I've been told via text by a mate who got it from somewhere maybe a talking goat.

WBA want 1.5m ish upfront 1.5m ish after 50 games both not an issue, the issue for Thorne is they want 60% of  the next transfer fee (not even profit).

After this is sorted out they think he will sign.

Blimey, a 60% sell on fee! Hope that talking goat of your mates has got a dodgy source! 

Don't understand how WBA fans think they won't let Thorne go until they get a replacement for him? They are short in other positions like LB and FWD but CM is certainly a position they don't need players.

In the role that Thorne plays they have Mulumbu Yacob Dorrans Gardner and Baird who would all probably start ahead of Thorne?  Thoughts Baggies fans?

Don't understand how WBA fans think they won't let Thorne go until they get a replacement for him? They are short in other positions like LB and FWD but CM is certainly a position they don't need players.

In the role that Thorne plays they have Mulumbu Yacob Dorrans Gardner and Baird who would all probably start ahead of Thorne?  Thoughts Baggies fans?

Baird has been bought in primarily as defensive cover, don't see him challenging for cm. Dorrans has played most of his games wide mf. As I stated earlier mulumbu & yacob have been prefered first choice. Gardner in with a shout but if we don't sign a rb he could be playing there

The Baggies should probably stop clinging onto any hope of keeping him. I think 'Tricky1884' could be spot on with the reason for the hold up. And with this I concur that my first estimation may will be correct - Thorne to sign tomorrow!

He won't sign this week, and it's not a case of clinging onto hope that he stays. If he goes for a fair price then it's all good

Indeed, that's how the story goes. However, the person (Peter Grove)  who first told that story about the guy in the Shish Mahal restaurant complaining that his Tikka was too dry, and that meat deserves gravy so the waiter took it back to the kitchen and the chef threw some spices into a tin of Campbells Tomato Soup has, apparently, confessed that it was complete and utter made-up bull.

Top man Eddie. That is simply superb - truly a quality fib. Urban myth squashed. 

Archived