George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Can u explain the reason why you are on this thread? You initially claimed to be a derby fan, (which obv you aint) then have come ouy an proved your a wba fan? Why dont u get off our thread and understand your club is pants your town is pants and players dont want to play 4u ie thorne and earlier odemwinge... its reality accept it and move on

Please show me where I claimed to be a derby fan?

You have no idea where my town is, ergo you have no idea if it is pants or not ( for your future reference it is pretty bloody awesome)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please show me where I claimed to be a derby fan?You have no idea where my town is, ergo you have no idea if it is pants or not ( for your future reference it is pretty bloody awesome)

Was at university there... and lived in smethwick for duration.... I think I know what im talking about... anyway dont wba have their own forum? We are going to sign george thorne... be it today tomorrow next week... just a matter of time

Was at university there... and lived in smethwick for duration.... I think I know what im talking about... anyway dont wba have their own forum? We are going to sign george thorne... be it today tomorrow next week... just a matter of time

Again you are making the assumption "my town" is West Bromwich or some surrounding borough.

Yes I'm sure wba have a forum, but derby is a much nicer place to be

I worry about the bids to be honest. 

If I was WBA and I was offered 900k for a player that was clearly worth A LOT more, I might find it a little offensive, and make it a matter of principle to either not sell, or at least hike the asking price. 

I think a bid nearer 3m would be needed. 

One positive is that Alan Irvine is manager. With all due respect, not a big inspiring manager that will make George excited to be at WBA. 

Can u explain the reason why you are on this thread? You initially claimed to be a derby fan, (which obv you aint) then have come ouy an proved your a wba fan? Why dont u get off our thread and understand your club is pants your town is pants and players dont want to play 4u ie thorne and earlier odemwinge... its reality accept it and move on

Any luck finding my claim to be a derby fan?

No?

Didn't think so

I worry about the bids to be honest. 

If I was WBA and I was offered 900k for a player that was clearly worth A LOT more, I might find it a little offensive, and make it a matter of principle to either not sell, or at least hike the asking price. 

I think a bid nearer 3m would be needed. 

One positive is that Alan Irvine is manager. With all due respect, not a big inspiring manager that will make George excited to be at WBA.

Not an inspiring appointment, mark that as understatement of the year.

I think the problem with Thorne is he's very difficult to put a value on. His price would be more based on potential as opposed to what he has actually achieved in his career to date. How do you put a price on potential?

He had what? 12 good games for Derby? Could of just been a purple patch that he won't replicate again, that would make 3 mill look pricey.

Or he could be on an upward curve and be worth double in 12-24 months

It is  :lol:

They seem to be bragging about them not selling a player who has said he doesn't want to play for their club  :lol:

No bragging from me, he will go if the price is right. But as I said earlier he's a tough one to put a value on

We want him... he wants to come... it will happen... what is the purpose of wba fans being here? Or have they been told to up the hype which will up the price? Hummmm I wonder

Yes of course because it's a well known fact Newcastle fans invading a Liverpool forum drove up Andy Carroll's price

If this was one of our young players who hardly got a look in and went to the league below and did well ie mason bennett... and kicked up the fuss thorne has... we would drive him to the other club and wouldnt be behavin like wba fans gatecrashing the other clubs forums

Archived