The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bit I loved in LTLF was the number of blind gumps who maintained that they had been "...kicked off the pitch by NLN's hoof ball thugs".

Sheff Utd 3 booked, Forest 4 booked.

Sheff Utd 7 Fouls, Forest 15 Fouls

The bit I loved in LTLF was the number of blind gumps who maintained that they had been "...kicked off the pitch by Clough's hoof ball thugs".

Yes but it was the worst ref ever remember...

No not at all

You get what you deserve

You should have walked that game, the arrogance of your manager will leave you in the position we got into after that fun but painful trip to the prem....when where you last there?

You have to wake up and smell the trent, BD is only going to distroy you, he is only there to take as much money out of the club as he can get once he has engineered his sacking, and after today could be by the end of the month.

You should have walked that game, the arrogance of your manager will leave you in the position we got into after that fun but painful trip to the prem....when where you last there?

You have to wake up and smell the trent, BD is only going to distroy you, he is only there to take as much money out of the club as he can get once he has engineered his sacking, and after today could be by the end of the month.

3 defeats on the trot did for Nigel.

One down and counting for Davros...

Funny how posts can come back to bite you on the arse.

He's still a mediocre manager, I don't think he will point Sheff Utd back in the direction in the Championship but probably will do enough to keep them up. One result doesn't mean much y'know, Cotterill managed a 7-3 win at Leeds!

Bitterly disappointed today as we should have been able to have won the game against a poor side who had nothing really about them until an error let them back into the game. It probably should have been a draw based on the game.

I don't see why we cannot play well in the cup and league so the old line "we can concentrate on the league" does not wash with me.

The bit I loved in LTLF was the number of blind gumps who maintained that they had been "...kicked off the pitch by Clough's hoof ball thugs".

Their discipline record is poor.

The last time they claimed to be kicked off the park by Clough team we had Will Hughes and Bryson playing. Known thugs.

Question is, do they EVER lose fairly?

Anyway QPR losing today just shows how much 2nd place is up for grabs. Definitely a consolation today.

If we beat Leicester and Burnley then we will be in a very strong position. We got 4 points from those fixtures in November on the back of a dismal few games so anything can happen!

haha makes me laugh how forest fans think they can get automatics

The weather was shocking... Sleet in Forest faces both halves.

I was in Sheffield this afternoon (daughter lives there).

You can get some very strange localised weather there, especially when Forest need an excuse.

Makes me laugh how you think that one point gives you a massive advantage.

What Derby fans in general haven't got which Forest fans most definitely do is a ridiculously over-the-top feeling of entitlement, and a fondness for generating excuses for when things don't go as anticipated.

Nottingham Forest Supporter Football Knowledge 101

Lesson 1: 'We wuz robbed'

'We were kicked off the park' = fouled against less than half as many times as fouls committed.

'We completely played them off the park' = registered less than half the number of shots on target as the opposition managed.

What Derby fans in general haven't got which Forest fans most definitely do is a ridiculously over-the-top feeling of entitlement, and a fondness for generating excuses for when things don't go as anticipated.

Nottingham Forest Supporter Football Knowledge 101

Lesson 1: 'We wuz robbed'

'We were kicked off the park' = fouled against less than half as many times as fouls committed.

'We completely played them off the park' = registered less than half the number of shots on target as the opposition managed.

Nothing like generalising. We did not play well today but neither did they. It was an error by the goalkeeper and a questionable penalty that won them the game. My opinion is a replay would have been fair, but football is not fair for any team and every team has good luck and bad luck as everyone knows. Today is disappointing but if we register two good results against Leicester and Burnley then this will be forgotten pretty quickly.

Entitlement to what? No-one has any entitlements in football as has been seen time and time again. Why don't you show some quotes that show Forest fans being entitled to something.

From what I've read

• Forest were denied a nailed-on penalty
  • The ref was a homer
  • SU kicked them off the park
  • Nigel only motivated his players at half time after hearing the draw for the next round could bring them up against the Wendies
  • The 2nd choice goalie made two errors
  • SU had a penatly that never was
  • The fans invaded the pitch at 3-1 thus denying Forest 3 goals in the closing seconds
  • Forest were the superior side

I think that about covers it.

It staggers me that Forest really thought they were going to Wembley!

I'm only going by what I read on message boards, so it is most definitely nothing like generalisation.

The number of times Forest fans talk about their 'rightful place', being the 'famous team' etc is nauseating. I posted about a dozen quotes of that very nature in the last 2 days - I spent about 15 minutes trawling through a single thread on LTLF and I had the spend an hour sitting in disinfectant, I felt so unclean. It's an attitude thing - the pathetic and continual use of "N-L-N" as a description of your former goalscoring hero is a case in point.

New thread on LTLF….

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40076

FA Cup draw inspired us, says Sheffield United's Nigel Clough

"So does this mean there is now a legitimate cause to complain to the FA concerning the appallingly ridiculous timing of the draw?

Yes it could be argued that seeing such an 'easy' draw compared to what it could have been, could and should have spurred on the Forest contingent
The staff and players should have gone 'lets win this'
The fans should of (and mostly did from the radio crowd noise) got behind the team even more

So why did the draw affect Sheff Utd so much more than Forest
They still had to come from behind, and then hope for either a Wednesday win or what they would see as their easiest draw of the tournament since the 3rd round against Charlton

Could Forest complain about the timing being mid-game?"

Archived