The demise of Forest

ladyram

Yeah, still think we'll finish 3rd and 4th. If they steal 3rd then I hope Brighton sneak in at 6th.

Here's a scenario - say we've sealed first up in the bag before the last game of the season.

And a win for Leeds would see them finish sixth, would you play a ridiculously weakened side to 'rest' players for the play-offs?

Getting Leeds in the play-offs would be a meal ticket for us. 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also to add, under McClaren we're averaging 2 points a game... which would leave us with 87 which is one point below the average of Champions total in this division, and is the same amount of points as the highest side that has finished 3rd. Well above the average it takes for promotion, but will it be enough?
The top 5 in this league are far and away better than the rest, I can't remember the last time there was such a divide. All top 6 are in good form. Usually one or two always have a real drop in form hence leicester and palace last year. http://www.footballformguide.net/form/sky-bet-championship

The top 5 in this league are far and away better than the rest, I can't remember the last time there was such a divide. All top 6 are in good form. Usually one or two always have a real drop in form hence leicester and palace last year. http://www.footballformguide.net/form/sky-bet-championship

I would guess at Burnley, just due to the difficulty of their away games. 

I can't see us, you or QPR losing too many points in fairness - but we'll see.

Looking at the fixtures, you've got to fancy Burnely to grab 2nd place.

They have relatively easy looking away games and their six pointers are at home.

Derby's away fixtures look tough. Reading, Boro, Ipswich, Leeds (despite the record), Burnley and even Blackpool (I predict they will have picked up abit by then) are tough.

As good as we have been, we've only won once out of the last five away games and there still seems to be abit of a weakness there - especially at shipping goals.

Looking at the fixtures, you've got to fancy Burnely to grab 2nd place.

They have relatively easy looking away games and their six pointers are at home.

Derby's away fixtures look tough. Reading, Boro, Ipswich, Leeds (despite the record), Burnley and even Blackpool (I predict they will have picked up abit by then) are tough.

As good as we have been, we've only won once out of the last five away games and there still seems to be abit of a weakness there - especially at shipping goals.

If we get the same results that we did against them sides previously, Bournemouth (3) Millwall (3) Bolton (1) Forest (0)  Charlton (3) Huddersfield (1) Barnsley (3) Watford (3) Wednesday (3) Burnley (0) Reading (0) Ipswich (1) Middlesbrough (3) Blackpool (3) Doncaster (3) and Leeds (3)... 

that's 33 points! We've got the easiest run in for me.. We're better than what we was when we played a lot of these sides too. Although, Ipswich, Yeovil. Brighton, Leicester and Blackburn, we've repeated our results, Wigan we did worse, QPR we did better.. so at the minute it's looking down this route - ish.

Home games look very, very kind.  

I went last night, brilliant second half performance and it was nice to see us be clinical for a change. Throughly deserved to win and it was good to see Majewski grasp his chance with both hands and impress.

It is going to be one exciting run in but I do keep on fearing that we will experience a Davies slump as happened in the spring with us twice and also you. We'll see but we look good now and the next two league games against Leicester and Burnley will really show if we're up to the mark and can challenge for the top 2.

Out of interest does part of you worry about going up. I know you would not be as bad as you were last time but it would be hard to see past Forest or Derby struggling next season. Once the novelty of Premier League football wears off and we are paying a fortune to see a struggling side that probably has in excess of a 50% chance of being relegated, it will not be enjoyable. Being a good Championship side is pretty enjoyable.

Or am I just a miserable so and so?

I went as well, but didn't think we were brilliant at any point.

We took our chances very well though.

We clearly miss Lansbury and Vaughan.

The Moose and Radi do not give us the same strength in midfield

Halford at Right Back, with Jara available is just silly

Jara is needed in midfield at the moment and Halford does a good job in my opinion.

I went last night, brilliant second half performance and it was nice to see us be clinical for a change. Throughly deserved to win and it was good to see Majewski grasp his chance with both hands and impress.

It is going to be one exciting run in but I do keep on fearing that we will experience a Davies slump as happened in the spring with us twice and also you. We'll see but we look good now and the next two league games against Leicester and Burnley will really show if we're up to the mark and can challenge for the top 2.

Out of interest does part of you worry about going up. I know you would not be as bad as you were last time but it would be hard to see past Forest or Derby struggling next season. Once the novelty of Premier League football wears off and we are paying a fortune to see a struggling side that probably has in excess of a 50% chance of being relegated, it will not be enjoyable. Being a good Championship side is pretty enjoyable.

Or am I just a miserable so and so?

I worry that if we don't go up we'll lose the likes of Bryson, Hughes and of course all these loans we have. And what also worries me is if we were to get a big fee for Hughes, I doubt our board would invest a lot of that back into transfers and more Champ teams will end up spending quite big to get up, meaning we are the underdogs yet again  :(

However, the part about spending a fortune to watch next year .... 50% off season tickets if we go up which is a nice bonus for our fans  ;)

I worry that if we don't go up we'll lose the likes of Bryson, Hughes and of course all these loans we have. And what also worries me is if we were to get a big fee for Hughes, I doubt our board would invest a lot of that back into transfers and more Champ teams will end up spending quite big to get up, meaning we are the underdogs yet again  :(

However, the part about spending a fortune to watch next year .... 50% off season tickets if we go up which is a nice bonus for our fans  ;)

Signings are not McClaren's forte either based on his time at Forest and Middlesbrough.

In all fairness at Forest he was not given the money he expected and we ended with panic buys like Derbyshire and Miller. At Middlesbrough he made some high profile mistakes as well at huge fees.

Signings are not McClaren's forte either based on his time at Forest and Middlesbrough.

In all fairness at Forest he was not given the money he expected and we ended with panic buys like Derbyshire and Miller. At Middlesbrough he made some high profile mistakes as well at huge fees.

I prefer to look at his positive signings  :p Mandzukic, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Mark Viduka etc.

And besides .... every signing he's made for us so far have been amazing (Including staff)

Archived