The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make your mind up, do stats matter or not?  :lol:

Whilst I think the whole idea is a combined team is nonsense for about 10 reasons, whether a stat matters or not depends. If you're like Ambitious and you spend your time creating spreadsheets with pass completion rates and interceptions then no, they don't (bar extreme highs and lows). If only football was that easy to call we'd all be millionaires or top managers. Do you think Brian Clough and Peter Taylor used to base their decision on a signing on tonnes of stats?

However, stats like goals conceded matter, surely? ;):D

Whilst I think the whole idea is a combined team is nonsense for about 10 reasons, whether a stat matters or not depends. If you're like Ambitious and you spend your time creating spreadsheets with pass completion rates and interceptions then no, they don't (bar extreme highs and lows). If only football was that easy to call we'd all be millionaires or top managers. Do you think Brian Clough and Peter Taylor used to base their decision on a signing on tonnes of stats?

However, stats like goals conceded matter, surely? ;):D

They do matter for a team like Forest as you rely on a strong defence. We tend to go for the 'we'll score more goals than you' method and our full backs basically play as wingers  :lol:

Christ knows how Pearce has got us 2nd and unbeaten then. He's a bloody miracle worker to get results out of such an inferior set of players, particularly against Derby where to a man we were second best in almost every position.

Trying to be totally unbiased here but my combined 11 (if all fit) would be...

Darlow

Hunt

Hobbs

Mancienne

Cohen

Ward

Thorne

Lansbury

Reid

Assombalonga

Martin

Subs:

Antonio

Wilson

Lascelles

Hendrick

Grant

Fryatt

Forsyth

Eddie, where's that laughin monkey again??

Christ knows how Pearce has got us 2nd and unbeaten then. He's a bloody miracle worker to get results out of such an inferior set of players, particularly against Derby where to a man we were second best in almost every position.

Trying to be totally unbiased here but my combined 11 (if all fit) would be...

Darlow

Hunt

Hobbs

Mancienne

Cohen

Ward

Thorne

Lansbury

Reid

Assombalonga

Martin

Subs:

Antonio

Wilson

Lascelles

Hendrick

Grant

Fryatt

Forsyth

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahah....

Delusional.

By 'Grant' on the bench I meant Jorge Grant, the promising kid coming through here, instead of Lee Grant.

You know what?

I believe you.

Forest need to enjoy this little honeymoon period with pearce, because their complete inability to play will expose the team and then pearce.

If pearce makes it through the year, it will be surprising. Pearce has a brief history in management of inspiring at the beginning and completely failing later. Axed at Man City, axed England U21, lost to south korea in 2012 when he managed GB.

It wil go like it went with Billy Davies part 2 _ "His first match in charge was a draw,followed by a run of 10 undefeated games. On 24 March 2014 the club announced they have terminated Davies' employment, following a 5

From Forest forum:

When everybody is fit we would walk this league. We would win every game easily.

Sadly, there is the I word.

Our injuries mean we are due a 0-0 draw.

Once again lying. Is it part of the curriculum in Derby ;)

He was being sarcastic as if you read the preceding posts (which I'm sure you did) you would of noticed this.

Banter aside Stoners, do you think you'll win on Sunday? Be a good test for your lot I reckon.

I missed our game with Ipswich as I was on holiday, but they look a well drilled Mick McCarthy unit from what little I'd seen and they'll be around the top 6 come May for me. Your lot certainly should be too on spend alone, but I'm not convinced by Stuart Pearce as a manager once the emotion and buzz of his return ebbs. 

Totally blinkered mate

It would absolutely kill the majority of them on here to give forest the slightest bit of credit. Little brother syndrome.

I can't believe that Barcelona of the championship still arnt above the hoofers from Nottingham especially as they have better players, fans, manager, owner. How can this be?

Maybe it's because they have such an high opinion of them selves. Dunno.

Hughes doesnt get in the 16? Fryatt and Laselles arent even in your starting 11 yet make the squad? Come on we have lost about 4 games in 50 odd yet we get a whole 3 players in the starting 11.

Oh course Hughes don't get in the squad he plays for Liverpool now. British transfer record fee wasn't it?

Heard all this last season. Only difference so far is that you've been caught up even quicker this time around. :p

It's such an average league this season, both sides should, and would, kick themselves if they don't at least make the playoffs.

A bit of luck with injuries, or lack thereof, a bit of momentum gained with a fortunate result here or there, can make a world of difference.

Best to take a look at the table come the new year. Means very little at this point.

Archived