The demise of Forest

ladyram

I've been mighty impressed with how Forest have started, Assombarryscott has been absolutely excellent. BUT, I'll be interested to see what happens when they inevitable bad results come in, particularly if it's a string of bad results or if Assombashanelong gets injured.

We were accused of having new manager syndrome during our good spell, but came through rough periods after the Leicester loss and the 4 match goal drought. Forest haven't proved they can bounce back yet, so the jury's still out.

Why? According to the table they have played the bottom 4 teams out of 7. The only decent team played have been Derby whereby they drew at home! You must be a dog!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been mighty impressed with how Forest have started, Assombarryscott has been absolutely excellent. BUT, I'll be interested to see what happens when they inevitable bad results come in, particularly if it's a string of bad results or if Assombashanelong gets injured.

We were accused of having new manager syndrome during our good spell, but came through rough periods after the Leicester loss and the 4 match goal drought. Forest haven't proved they can bounce back yet, so the jury's still out.

Don't be daft. They're the champions already. They are being fast-tracked for a third star -  the best freezers you can buy.

If Assabalonga continues this form throughout the season they have themselves a bargain despite what people think.

He is bound to go on a dry patch at some stage this season, where this to happen I struggle to see where the goals would come from.

When Martin isn't scoring we still have the likes of Ward, Bryson and Hendrick. Who do Forest have? Fryatt? ...who's a crock.

What the f*ck was parading Cohen's shirt during the game last night. He's got a knee injury, he ain't dead! You don't see our boys wearing t shirts with Save George's Knee on them do you? Chin up, get on with your rehab! Jesus wept...

I agree

Cringeworthy. He's injured ffs. I said the same thing last year when Mackie held his shirt aloft.

How many of those listed have scored ten or more at this level?

Burke did in 2011/12 (13), not much since

Antonio? Nope, granted he's had a good start but is likely to burn out

Reid? Scored a handful in the league one season, but not many since and a liability with injury as shown already this season

Paterson? 8 last season which isn't impressive considering the amount of league games (32) he featured. Looked a threat in the cup, but again nothing too impressive in the league. Look at Johnny Russell's injury record last season and the amount of action he missed, yet still provided us with more goals than Paterson funnily enough.

So you'd expect all the above to step up and magically score goals all of a sudden, if Assabalonga were to either get injured, a suspension or a dip in form? Good luck

He put 'no' to Antonio not being an attacking threat

How can you take that post seriously I know I didn't

To be fair he was talking goal threat not attacking threat. 1 in 5 man at Wednesday, could have a great season with you the way he has started but don't think it's unfair to argue he has not historically been a prolific goalscoring winger (edit: at this level ;))

To be fair he was talking goal threat not attacking threat. 1 in 5 man at Wednesday, could have a great season with you the way he has started but don't think it's unfair to argue he has not historically been a prolific goalscoring winger (edit: at this level ;))

So we only going off history now then. What their doing this is not good for this argument. Anymore caveats?

Dawkins??? Can't believe he brought up Dawkins. Although tbf he did have an excellent season in the goal shots charts for the San Diego thunder 49ers once

Edit / Antonio is playing at 'this' level at the moment and he's got 5 goals and 5 assists. Not bad for a player who not a goal threat ;)

Oh sorry I forgot

Fryatt

But you go ahead make yourself feel better

Landsbury - Apps 176 - Goals 29 - 1 in 6 average

Burke - Apps 406 - Goals 59 - 1 in 6 average

Antonio - Apps 194 - Goals 41 - 1 in 4 average

Reid - Apps 448 - Goals 60 - 1 in 7 average

Paterson - Apps 145 - Goals 29 - 1 in 5 average

Fryatt - Apps 384 - Goals 130 - 1 in 2.95 average

So all your goals will come from Fryatt who's a crock...  I feel a lot better :lol:

Landsbury - Apps 176 - Goals 29 - 1 in 6 average

Burke - Apps 406 - Goals 59 - 1 in 6 average

Antonio - Apps 194 - Goals 41 - 1 in 4 average

Reid - Apps 448 - Goals 60 - 1 in 7 average

Paterson - Apps 145 - Goals 29 - 1 in 5 average

Fryatt - Apps 384 - Goals 130 - 1 in 2.95 average

So all your goals will come from Fryatt who's a crock... I feel a lot better :lol:

Now do the same for your lot?

Not taking into account mickey MLS mouse league and Sunday league Scottish football

Now do the same for your lot?

Not taking into account mickey MLS mouse league and Sunday league Scottish football

Ha!  I knew you'd ask that.  With pleasure...

Martin - 276 - 85 - 1 in 3

Russell - 214 - 69 - 1 in 3

Ward - 293 - 82 - 1 in 3.5

Bryson - 383 - 53 - 1 in 7

Dawkins - 102 - 19 - 1 in 5

Best - 248 - 62 - 1 in 4

So what if a lot of our players goals (well Russell's & Dawkins') goals were scored in inferior leagues?  Out of the players you've mentioned only Reid and maybe Fryatt have proper top flight experience, if we're playing that game we'll chalk off a majority of Paterson's & Assombolongabingbang's goals as they were scored in League One.  Try again...

Couldn't give a toss who is scoring the goals, at the moment we have scored the most goals in the league, yes even more than the goalscoring gods that are playing for Derby.

It don't count tho cos the goals are not getting shared around and what if Britt got injured and what if antonios form dropped and what if Michael Mancienne stopped getting MOTM and what if............

Blinkered

It don't count tho cos the goals are not getting shared around and what if Britt got injured and what if antonios form dropped and what if Michael Mancienne stopped getting MOTM and what if............

Blinkered

Suppose they need to cling onto something

Archived