The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm going to miss our clash in the opening half of the season. Out of country again.. :|

It's probably for the best, Dawny.

In football terms very little:-

Founder members of the league

Highest cup final defeat

Had the 'first superstar of football'

First post war FA cup winners

I believe we made the first £100k signing

Twice champions of England

Had England's most capped player playing for us when he broke the record

Won the first Championship play off at the new Wembley

Broke the record for lowest points achieves in top flight season

Basically, for a 130 year existence...very little.

If you mean what is the place famous for I would suggest you do a little research as we certainly have a lot more to be proud of than your sh1teh0le!

A bit late to this party, I've been on hols. Bit wasn't football originally invented in Derbyshire with the Shrove tide games.

I could be wrong, but that's what I was always told. Which means this forum, and nothing else to do with football, up to and including the World Cup, and forests two stars, would even exist if it wasn't for derby.

I think that's a pretty significant claim to fame.

A bit late to this party, I've been on hols. Bit wasn't football originally invented in Derbyshire with the Shrove tide games.

I could be wrong, but that's what I was always told. Which means this forum, and nothing else to do with football, up to and including the World Cup, and forests two stars, would even exist if it wasn't for derby.

I think the version of football the modern game is based on originated in France, at least that's what I remember from an old VHS (kids, ask your Dad) of the Story Of The World Cup.  I'm sure Wikipedia will correct me though...

I think the version of football the modern game is based on originated in France, at least that's what I remember from an old VHS (kids, ask your Dad) of the Story Of The World Cup. I'm sure Wikipedia will correct me though...

I think I've got that in the attic. Written, directed, narrated by and starring Michel Platini if my memory serves me correctly.

I think the version of football the modern game is based on originated in France, at least that's what I remember from an old VHS (kids, ask your Dad) of the Story Of The World Cup.  I'm sure Wikipedia will correct me though...

Never heard of this. The modern game evolved and was codified in the English public schools.

My understanding (and I read a terrific but long book a few years ago on the history of football and FIFA; need to retrieve it from a mare to recall the title) was the Association football was derived from an English street game, then codified in English public schools surprisingly late (after Australian football for instance which was codified in 1859 and, remarkably, is actually older in terms of the rules though both rugby and soccer were played long beforehand).

Derby, however, only rated a few mentions. The first was that the reason derbies are so named relates to the neighbourhood street games.

Didn't realise we were the first ever table toppers of the football league....

Good job they didn't print the league table at half time.

Archived