Federer and Nadal

Mostyn6

I must admit, I'm only a fairweather Tennis watcher, but I've just seen some highlights of the match recently between the two in the semi-final, which Nadal won, and It seems Federer cannot beat Nadal.

My main reason for this article, it just dawned on me just how much of a credit to Tennis, and Professional sport on the whole these two players truly are. Their conduct, attitude, professionalism, humility, respect and desire should be held as a standard for people wanting to succeed in ALL sports in my opinion.

Personally, I always want Federer to win. He's the kind of bloke I'd want my daughter to bring home, if that makes sense. I just find his character and temperament to be a shining example.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both great players with tremendous attitude . I love tennis it's a fantastic sport.

Tennis is an individual sport and win or lose you can only blame yourself.

I watched some of the game today on Euro Sport and Nadal blasted the Swiss player off the court.

We are blessed with great players at the moment and I think Wawrinka may shock a few in the final but Nadal is going for his second consecutive Australian title having won it last year.

I must admit, I'm only a fairweather Tennis watcher, but I've just seen some highlights of the match recently between the two in the semi-final, which Nadal won, and It seems Federer cannot beat Nadal.

My main reason for this article, it just dawned on me just how much of a credit to Tennis, and Professional sport on the whole these two players truly are. Their conduct, attitude, professionalism, humility, respect and desire should be held as a standard for people wanting to succeed in ALL sports in my opinion.

Personally, I always want Federer to win. He's the kind of bloke I'd want my daughter to bring home, if that makes sense. I just find his character and temperament to be a shining example.

Federer wins around one in three. Their head-to-head record now stands at 22:10. If you eliminate clay (at which Nadal is the undisputed master) and just compare them on hard courts or grass, it's 8:8.

I love tennis, always have this internal fight wondering if it tops football as my favorite sport. They're both testament to perseverance being the hallmark of a champion, I have so much respect for both although I have always been a Federer fan I can't feel bad when Nadal wins now.  

Federer wins around one in three. Their head-to-head record now stands at 22:10. If you eliminate clay (at which Nadal is the undisputed master) and just compare them on hard courts or grass, it's 8:8.

I said he 'cannot' beat, a bit like Derby 'cannot' beat Leicester, not 'have never'.... x

I said he 'cannot' beat, a bit like Derby 'cannot' beat Leicester, not 'have never'.... x

Well, they said that Murray couldn't win a slam event. He's bagged a couple.

Was having this conversation at work today. Fantastic sportsmen. Considering that they are always rivals they have the utmost respect for each other. I admire them both, Fed for his artistry and willingness to reinvent himself and Nadal for the workrate and desire, especially to make such a good comeback from his knee problems.

They should be the role models for anyone who wants to be a success in sport, really should, totally agree with you Mosty!

We are blessed with great players at the moment and I think Wawrinka may shock a few in the final but Nadal is going for his second consecutive Australian title having won it last year.

Nadal hasn't won the Australian since 2009, Djokovic has won the previous 3.That will change on Sunday though, simple straight sets win for my money.

I agree though they're both great champions who (mostly) win or lose with great dignity and respect for their opponents. One thing though, I've never really forgiven Federer for parading around in that '15' jacket after playing the incredible 5 set Wimbledon final against Roddick in 2009. To be fair to him though it was probably down to Nike not him, I just felt so gutted for Roddick at the time it struck a nerve I suppose.

Nadal hasn't won the Australian since 2009, Djokovic has won the previous 3.That will change on Sunday though, simple straight sets win for my money.

I agree though they're both great champions who (mostly) win or lose with great dignity and respect for their opponents. One thing though, I've never really forgiven Federer for parading around in that '15' jacket after playing the incredible 5 set Wimbledon final against Roddick in 2009. To be fair to him though it was probably down to Nike not him, I just felt so gutted for Roddick at the time it struck a nerve I suppose.

Just shows I should never listen to commentators .

I thought at the time that sounds odd as i knew Rafa had injury problems regarding his knees and missed a lot of Tennis.

Didn't realize that Novak had won the last 3 how incredible is that.

Wawrinka is playing very well it should be a blister ing game LOL

Federer is an awesome guy but Nadal is the better player

As much as you dress it up, if Nadal and Federer swapped birthdates Nadal would have over 25 grandslams and Federer no more than 7.

Federer literally won his first 10 grandslams when the competition was poor or Nadal a baby. 

No disrespect to the guy though, he's phenomenal and I prefer watching him play than any other. Truelly is the Barcelona of tennis, Nadal the Bayern Munich. Novak the Man Utd and Andy Murray the Chelsea (the defensive git)

Federer is an awesome guy but Nadal is the better player

As much as you dress it up, if Nadal and Federer swapped birthdates Nadal would have over 25 grandslams and Federer no more than 7.

Federer literally won his first 10 grandslams when the competition was poor or Nadal a baby. 

No disrespect to the guy though, he's phenomenal and I prefer watching him play than any other. Truelly is the Barcelona of tennis, Nadal the Bayern Munich. Novak the Man Utd and Andy Murray the Chelsea (the defensive git)

Whilst I agree in the main. The one thing you have to admire Federer for is his consistency (last year aside) and I think he has that above all other players. There is some insane stat like he has made the semi final at least of the Australian open for the last 10 years or close to.

Nadal pulled a Murray in the final then. Losing, so play injured for the excuses,

You do realise that Murray had to have an operation on his back?

Face it, the only injury you are ever going to have to fight your way through is a bruised finger from hitting 'SHIFT' too hard.

:p

Bring back Pistol Pete, Mac the brat, Boris Becker and Agassi ( who for a baseline player could be exciting at times).

But I agree, they're all such powerful sportsmen and awesome to watch.

Archived