New Song barmy army

Rampton

Further to the "New Song" post

Love the Ajax song.

I reckon that the Barmy Army are brilliant. At least they are trying and I believe  that the atmosphere will get better at the IPro thanks to their efforts.

If I have one criticism it is that when we are kicking towards the North Stand and we get a corner or free kick, the  North Stand usually, as one, start singing "Come on Derby"

However the South / east corner often hijack that chant rather than joining in,  whereas if we joined in  we could then encourage  the East stand, ultimately unifying three quarters of the ground singing together.

Any road up,

I like this song sung by Rangers fans, a politically correct version of their Billy Boys song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXlKwBeuCfQ

We are the Derby boys,you'll know us by our noise,we go wild wild wild,we go wild wild wild 

Origin (Cum on feel the noize / Slade)

If you prefer the unpolitically correct version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APVthfIMVbw

Which I like, but we sing our version far too fast at Derby.

First post but 48 years a Ram fan.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to to forum fella.

I appreciate Nick's efforts but I've lost faith. I'll always follow the singing section but I don't sing unless the emotion takes me.

I'll sing at away games. But at Pride Park I've joined in with pretty much every chant (even if its rubbish) for ages. I've tried to get chants started when it quiet. If I hear a new chant I joined it.

Basically I did my individual share up until this last year where I just can't be bothered.

I respect the effort a lot of people still go to but I simply can't be arsed to sing to try and get an atmosphere. Only sing when I get excited. It just always falls flat.

It's not for me personally and I wonder what everyone else would say.

If the half arsed move to the South Stand becomes a proper move then ill give that a good go and hope everyone else does too. A fresh start.

If it flops though and then safe standing fails then ill proper surrender and go sit where the view is the best and just get my kicks away from home.

keep yourself away from the dark side, you'll regret it in years to come..

Try watching a Celtic v Rangers match in Quinns in Dublin - but don't wear blue.

I'm agreeing with a lot of posts on here, I sit in the south stand and for the first 20 mins, atmosphere is good. Then, it does go flat.  My biggest grumble is we need our own song, something that identifies us. Here's a little test for that theory - which clubs do these chants come from:

1. Never Walk Alone

2. Forever blowin bubbles (no Wacko Jacko comments please)

3. Blue Moon

4. Delilah

Hopefully you see my point and got at least 4 of 'em right and I am sure that there are others too. As soon as we started singing "does your boyfriend know you're here?" on Sat, I thought FFS. This is almost like everyone singing "She Said No Marlon etc". My point being, BHA have heard a million times from other clubs and fans as did MK.

I know I'm having a grumble, but if we have a certain celebrity fan, get him to bloody well come up something (unless we cannot stand the humiliation of singing 1D song?!)

Question is, where do we start?  It seems that we all have ideas and proposals, but unless we all try it, we will never know if it works or not. So, I will watch the YouTube posts and if we start on Tuesday against Yeovil, then you can count on me to join in.

I'm agreeing with a lot of posts on here, I sit in the south stand and for the first 20 mins, atmosphere is good. Then, it does go flat.  My biggest grumble is we need our own song, something that identifies us. Here's a little test for that theory - which clubs do these chants come from:

1. Never Walk Alone

2. Forever blowin bubbles (no Wacko Jacko comments please)

3. Blue Moon

4. Delilah

Hopefully you see my point and got at least 4 of 'em right and I am sure that there are others too. As soon as we started singing "does your boyfriend know you're here?" on Sat, I thought FFS. This is almost like everyone singing "She Said No Marlon etc". My point being, BHA have heard a million times from other clubs and fans as did MK.

I know I'm having a grumble, but if we have a certain celebrity fan, get him to bloody well come up something (unless we cannot stand the humiliation of singing 1D song?!)

Question is, where do we start?  It seems that we all have ideas and proposals, but unless we all try it, we will never know if it works or not. So, I will watch the YouTube posts and if we start on Tuesday against Yeovil, then you can count on me to join in.

A song that identifies as ours - Steve Bloomer's Watching. And that is widely ignored, or at least by those around me. Only ever sung once per game, and that's before it starts.

A song that identifies as ours - Steve Bloomer's Watching. And that is widely ignored, or at least by those around me. Only ever sung once per game, and that's before it starts.

There was a few rounds of SBW at Leicester in the Cup back in Sept (sung bloody quickly!). Don't manage to get to many away games, so not sure if it's regularly sung as an away song.

Problem is, it's too short. You'd have to either sing all the words (i.e: not just the chorus), or make sure you do a few rounds of the chorus to give folks chance to join in.

There was a few rounds of SBW at Leicester in the Cup back in Sept (sung bloody quickly!). Don't manage to get to many away games, so not sure if it's regularly sung as an away song.

Problem is, it's too short. You'd have to either sing all the words (i.e: not just the chorus), or make sure you do a few rounds of the chorus to give folks chance to join in.

Yeah, you're right, it was sung at Leicester, but the other away game I was at (Hudds) it wasn't.

If it have to take several rounds, so be it. Don't most songs?

Agree with Animalisa and Heyhudson that SBW is 'our' song, but the feeling I get is that not many people like it.  We don't sing it enough. I watched Leeds game on Sat and the amount of times you heard 'Marchin On Together'.  So yes I agree, we don't sing enough.

Yeah, you're right, it was sung at Leicester, but the other away game I was at (Hudds) it wasn't.

If it have to take several rounds, so be it. Don't most songs?

The speed at which it was sung at Leicester, several rounds would probably still only last about 5 seconds! :)

Archived