Like Father, like son ?

48 hours

Just thought you might be interested in watching the following two videos featuring the son of one of my all-time favourite Derby strikers,

He scored both goals last week for Crewe in the Youth Cup against Coventry -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUzkoflGfgw

-  and this week supplied the assist for the first goal, and scored the winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvL4B--S2KM

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a numpty.

Didn't see much wrong with it myself.

Dad did everything right, first touch decent, second touch to set it up, watched it over the shoulder and then thumped it, I don't think you'll see a better connection on a volley all week.

Credit MUST go the keeper though, good positioning and got just about enough on on it to send it over the bar.

He'll learn with time that conceding a corner from there is not worth crying over.

Good lad.

Didn't see much wrong with it myself.

Dad did everything right, first touch decent, second touch to set it up, watched it over the shoulder and then thumped it, I don't think you'll see a better connection on a volley all week.

Credit MUST go the keeper though, good positioning and got just about enough on on it to send it over the bar.

He'll learn with time that conceding a corner from there is not worth crying over.

Good lad.

I tell you what, they made a mistake when they sacked you from the nspcc helpline didn't they?

Are you still getting to Gresty then mate? Haven't been in a while, keep meaning to. Much happening there?

Much happening there - hmmmm, where do I begin ...

After two Wembley wins in 12 months, everything then went pear-shaped.

Sold Luke Murphy to Leeds in the summer, unable to replace with leader/player of same quality,

then went to Cornwall pre-season, where seven first-team players were arrested over rape allegations -

which they were cleared of just 2 days ago.

Played Man U in pre-season 'friendly', and Pogba (top goal-scorer in previous season) gets badly injured,

and has not played since.

Max Clayton (remember him) refusing to sign new contract with club, and then fractured his ankle last week.

Currently in relegation position, and in 'free-fall' ...

Thankfully, the Academy is still producing some good players. Callum has been there for quite a while,

and he does things that you can not teach/coach.

Much happening there - hmmmm, where do I begin ...

After two Wembley wins in 12 months, everything then went pear-shaped.

Sold Luke Murphy to Leeds in the summer, unable to replace with leader/player of same quality,

then went to Cornwall pre-season, where seven first-team players were arrested over rape allegations -

which they were cleared of just 2 days ago.

Played Man U in pre-season 'friendly', and Pogba (top goal-scorer in previous season) gets badly injured,

and has not played since.

Max Clayton (remember him) refusing to sign new contract with club, and then fractured his ankle last week.

Currently in relegation position, and in 'free-fall' ...

Thankfully, the Academy is still producing some good players. Callum has been there for quite a while,

and he does things that you can not teach/coach.

Brill (or not as it seems) thanks. I've heard a few things about the players sense of arrogance, some need bringing down a peg or two by the sounds of it.

If I'm passing the academy and the lights are on I'll always pull in for a nose haven't been past for a while. I've always found it the most exciting part at Crewe, I'd heard Callum was doing well but really good to see the vids so thanks!

Tough season then...

Archived