Football.

TroyDyer

You all wanted one too?
  That's just a lie though isn't it? A favoured tactic by shaggers on here, putting words in our mouths. Most would have been horrified to go from the City Ground to some soulless LEGOLAND in the middle of an industrial estate. I never want to leave where we are currently.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just a lie though isn't it? A favoured tactic by shaggers on here, putting words in ours mouths. Most would have been horrified to go from the City Ground to some soulless LEGOLAND in the middle of an industrial estate. I never want to leave where we are currently.

Must have been reading hacked accounts

That's just a lie though isn't it? A favoured tactic by shaggers on here, putting words in our mouths. Most would have been horrified to go from the City Ground to some soulless LEGOLAND in the middle of an industrial estate. I never want to leave where we are currently.

There is nothing wrong with the new stadiums...

It's just that the Pride Park design is just a bland bowl..

The new stadiums that Portugal and Germany built for 2004 and 2006 are beautiful..

I can't get over how beautiful Porto's stadium is..

porto-stadium

That looks absolutely awesome. Makes you wonder who the designers of the 90's era stadiums thought they were kidding. Couldn't they come up with something more original? Or restricted by money?

Perhaps money was an issue..

Or maybe it was just a 'safety design'

I just find it disgusting that the likes of Boro, Derby, Leicester, Reading, Darlington, Cardiff, Swansea etc.. All just copied off eachother..

I guess Sunderland was the original one, and it's slightly bigger so it looks better.. The rest is just a 1 tier all round and a 2nd tier higher stand.. It's so boring..

In England the older stadiums will always be looked upon fondly.. But there are new stadiums that can be built which can look brilliant.. Juventus's new stadium is beautiful too and really suits their colours.. They also create a brilliant atmosphere

Inside_Juventus_Stadium_%282%29

That looks absolutely awesome. Makes you wonder who the designers of the 90's era stadiums thought they were kidding. Couldn't they come up with something more original? Or restricted by money?

I think we bought Boro's blueprints and made some modifications. from the sky PP and the Riverside look quite similar.

The same guy designed Middlesbrough's and Derby's.

That design was chosen so the ground could be expanded if need be - Pride Park was expanded once (the two corners were filled in), and IF gates warrant it, there is the facility to add up to a further 8,000 to the capacity.

It would be a decent ground if it was unique. It's tidy enough. Even the scaffold the forgot to take down isnt that bad on the North Stand. It's just bland on the sides you don't see (but you do see).

It's just you see it replicated everywhere and it's got no real identity to it.

So you didn't want the 'super stadium' that was going to be the key to England winning the world cup bid?  Funny how the Nottingham city and county council stopped any possibility of you lot getting anything remotely new.  You cannot afford to leave where you are now, no matter how rich your owners are as it will cost you more in applications and planning than buying the land and building the stadium. 

It would not surprise me if your rent to the council went up as you can't occupy the capacity they give you, and they introduce a levy for unfilled seats. (aka bedroom tax)  Thankfully we only have a 15m mortage to worry about and enough land at PP and the Academy to build several low quality stadium that we could rent to you.

You may have been a big club, and you may have a rich naive owner, however you have an self focused looney in charge of the team and a council that loves cricket more than football as it brings in more money for less cost.

Turkey

Oh dear :D think I hit a nerve.

Cue mass of opinionated nonsense

What nerve did you think you hit? You lot where foaming at the mouth when you thought you where getting some super stadium, how quickly you forget!

I would love you lot to stay where you are, its a perfect juxtapose to Trent Bridge.  Quite funny that more people in the world know Trent Bridge over Forest or The City Ground, and 99.9% of themwill have no idea that a double european champion from some time in the past plays in a shed next to it.

It's official..

From all of the games I've seen/covered this season there have been far more penalty misses than scored..

In fact I'd say out of every 3 penalties I've seen this season only 1 has been scored..

It's feckin unbelievable.. How the feck can't you score from 12 yards? Why are you tapping it to one side? Everytime you see a player go through on goal they usually confidently slot them away, so why the feck do people take such vvank penalties?

Not happy.

Has any of them cost you a bet Bris ?

Plenty..

I have a running bet each week that starts with $20 and I need to bet 1/10 shots 19 times to make $100 profit..

Basically I just pick the best teams to score at least one goal or a goal before 80mins in what I percieve to be a high scoring game..

From the games I covered at the weekend it went 0/3 for penalties scored but I got away with it (I was still furious mind).. I'm now on leg 16/19 with only 3 more to go I bet on Petrolul vs ACS Poli in Romania for my only 1 bet today.. Any goal before 80 mins.. Petrolul have absolutely battered them but just couldn't score (well over 25 shots, 13 corners to 2) got a penalty in the 65th.. He just ran up and tapped it to the goalkeeper for an easy save.. It seriously fecked me off as 80mins has been and gone and it's 0-0!)

argh..

I've never seen so many penalties missed as much as this season.. Even Forest have missed around 3 or 4

Plenty..

I have a running bet each week that starts with $20 and I need to bet 1/10 shots 19 times to make $100 profit..

Basically I just pick the best teams to score at least one goal or a goal before 80mins in what I percieve to be a high scoring game..

From the games I covered at the weekend it went 0/3 for penalties scored but I got away with it (I was still furious mind).. I'm now on leg 16/19 with only 3 more to go I bet on Petrolul vs ACS Poli in Romania for my only 1 bet today.. Any goal before 80 mins.. Petrolul have absolutely battered them but just couldn't score (well over 25 shots, 13 corners to 2) got a penalty in the 65th.. He just ran up and tapped it to the goalkeeper for an easy save.. It seriously fecked me off as 80mins has been and gone and it's 0-0!)

argh..

I've never seen so many penalties missed as much as this season.. Even Forest have missed around 3 or 4

The odds are always in the bookies favour mate. Especially when doing an accumulator, where you need everything to go your way, whilst the bookies only need one selection to be wrong. It is a great thrill when you do beat them though.

Archived