watches....to dream on for

froggg

Will do,been looking at Tag Heur,a watch shop who had a contract with TH to sell there products has had their contract withdrawn because he coudn't sell 200 units per year,so he is discounting his remaining stock to get rid,up to 33% off,think I might even get a bit of 40%

Will do,been looking at Tag Heur,a watch shop who had a contract with TH to sell there products has had their contract withdrawn because he coudn't sell 200 units per year,so he is discounting his remaining stock to get rid,up to 33% off,think I might even get a bit of 40%

If you like Tag Heuer Monaco's and can get one - 40% it would be a sound investment.

If you find something nice for yourself let us know.

As our resident horologist, Cisse, how do you rate a gents 1960's Rotary automatic, pristine, nay, mint condition, 9ct gold case, crocodile leather strap, reputable dealer.

Are they collectable, and what's it worth?

As our resident horologist, Cisse, how do you rate a gents 1960's Rotary automatic, pristine, nay, mint condition, 9ct gold case, crocodile leather strap, reputable dealer.

That's absolutely beautiful. I know very little about watches as a matter of fact but Rotary has done watches of good quality. 1950's and 1960's calibers tends to be very good too. Vintage watches at this moment are highly regarded and I would bet that their value will continue to rise. Especially when the world financies start to climb up.

Very hard to say the value of that by looking at one picture. If I had to guess that might be around £200-300. Do you know if it has been serviced lately ? If a reputable dealer that I know locally would say that it was worth £250 I would grab that without a hesitation.

It's been serviced professionally, and is considered to be unused/unworn. Every part of of it is guaranteed to be authentic original except the strap, for some reason. They want a bit more than what you've quoted but I might be able to do a deal. The gold alone must be worth £200+ at £777 an ounce.

It's been serviced professionally, and is considered to be unused/unworn. Every part of of it is guaranteed to be authentic original except the strap, for some reason. They want a bit more than what you've quoted but I might be able to do a deal. The gold alone must be worth £200+ at £777 an ounce.

If it is so called NOS (new old stock) it's a real find. The original strap can't be any good after 50 years. That 9ct doesn't mean so much moneywise but makes the watch beautiful. That would be an awesome dress watch. I want it.

You can't have it. It's mine, I tell you, MINE.

If I buy it, that is.

If you buy it and want to get rid of it let me know. The fact that it is NOS will increase it's value. I think it might go even up to

Did you get it ?

Did you get it ?

No, but I got a 1965/6 Tissot, solid 9ct gold,  hand wound, which apparently has an Omega movement, just like new, original box, today.

I went to the guy's house who buys and sells these. It's like Aladins cave, some fantastic watches, especially ladies. He only deals in vintage stuff, has to be top brands, in excellent nick, and authentic. Won't buy from individuals unless they can provide full credentials.

His knowledge of watches is unbelievable. Did you know there are about 400 versions of the Omega Seamaster? He's just picked one up at auction which is so rare, they don't even have it in the Omega museum. They have just authenticated it as 1 of only 20, made in 1949, made in 18 ct rolled gold, none of which has ever been sold at auction to anyone's knowledge.

He also has an Omega Speedmaster, which he was wearing, pre the more commercially produced 'Professional' series. Serious stuff.

Here's a ladies Rolex watch which had. it was sold but not yet collected, but allowed my wife to try it on. The picture does not do it anywhere near justice. Just jaw-droppingly fabulous. Makes the 9ct gold Zenith which I also bought for my wife look ordinary.

"http://www.foweyriver.com/userimages/zenith%20ladies/1" alt="1">

Dream on.

No, but I got a 1965/6 Tissot, solid 9ct gold,  hand wound, which apparently has an Omega movement, just like new, original box, today.

I went to the guy's house who buys and sells these. It's like Aladins cave, some fantastic watches, especially ladies. He only deals in vintage stuff, has to be top brands, in excellent nick, and authentic. Won't buy from individuals unless they can provide full credentials.

His knowledge of watches is unbelievable. Did you know there are about 400 versions of the Omega Seamaster? He's just picked one up at auction which is so rare, they don't even have it in the Omega museum. They have just authenticated it as 1 of only 20, made in 1949, made in 18 ct rolled gold, none of which has ever been sold at auction to anyone's knowledge.

He also has an Omega Speedmaster, which he was wearing, pre the more commercially produced 'Professional' series. Serious stuff.

Here's a ladies Rolex watch which had. it was sold but not yet collected, but allowed my wife to try it on. The picture does not do it anywhere near justice. Just jaw-droppingly fabulous. Makes the 9ct gold Zenith which I also bought for my wife look ordinary.

"http://www.foweyriver.com/userimages/zenith%20ladies/1" alt="1">

Dream on.

Obviously two different diamond encrusted beuties, but absolutely stunning. How the other 5% live.