Cars ... why do they cause us so much stress?

Mostyn6

What's the trim like on that one/

DFPD

Loving my car at the moment, just done a load of work on it, new engine and gearbox, new driveshafts, 4pot brakes, new dampers and springs, full bush and engine mount set and a refurbed rear beam..... 900 quid all in, gimme an old French hothatch anyday of the week! Think I need to grow up though :lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DFPD

Loving my car at the moment, just done a load of work on it, new engine and gearbox, new driveshafts, 4pot brakes, new dampers and springs, full bush and engine mount set and a refurbed rear beam..... 900 quid all in, gimme an old French hothatch anyday of the week! Think I need to grow up though :lol:

What language are you speaking here? 900 quid I understand but the rest is a mystery :)

It's called " I'm proving I know more about cars than anyone" by using words that actually mean nothing or abbreviating words to cause confusion.

Or has always messed with cars and was talking about them in a thread about cars and problems?

I'm a long way from knowing more about cars than anyone else mate, just had the same car since my early 20s so can luckily work on it myself and save money... unlike mostyn. Wouldn't have a fookin clue on a car post 2000  :lol:

Or has always messed with cars and was talking about them in a thread about cars and problems?

I'm a long way from knowing more about cars than anyone else mate, just had the same car since my early 20s so can luckily work on it myself and save money... unlike mostyn. Wouldn't have a fookin clue on a car post 2000 :lol:

I was trying to be sarcastic - wish I knew enough about cars to keep one as long as 20 years. Modern cars are ******** to work on.

I was trying to be sarcastic - wish I knew enough about cars to keep one as long as 20 years. Modern cars are ******** to work on.

Sorry mate, sh*te day  :rolleyes:

I wouldn't stand a chance... it's an old 5 gt turbo so everything's just bolt off, hammer the new one on and nip it up! 

GF asked me to change the headlights on her seat leon, two hours later I walked into the house with no knuckles.

Sorry mate, sh*te day :rolleyes:

I wouldn't stand a chance... it's an old 5 gt turbo so everything's just bolt off, hammer the new one on and nip it up!

GF asked me to change the headlights on her seat leon, two hours later I walked into the house with no knuckles.

Headlights are ******** these days. Can't get to it without taking the unit out on most, I had a minded where you had to remove the radiator grill to remove the headlight before you changed the bulb.

I won't buy a car until I can afford a Rolls Royce. Never heard anyone stressing over a Rolls.

If you can afford a Rolls, you can afford to pay for someone else to get stressed about it for you.

Rolls Royces must be the biggest con in the automotive world. You're paying millions for an ugly, bland metal box on wheels.

I so guessed that from the previous description you did!  Great piece of kit and I have not seen one on the road for donkeys!

Mostyn....your Volvo may have experimental parts however they can be retro fitted to older parts and will work fine, it may be a case of jury rigging the mounts that ant decent welder can do for a few quid.  Do you know Looms?  Its a great place to start and there are other breakers around the area

http://www.albertlooms.com/location.htm

It's great to see at least someone is still having fun in one of those! I had one from around 1989 to 1992. Used to really nail those who preferred Pug GTi's  :lol:

If you can afford a Rolls, you can afford to pay for someone else to get stressed about it for you.

Rolls Royces must be the biggest con in the automotive world. You're paying millions for an ugly, bland metal box on wheels.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that am afraid, another sweeping statement

I so guessed that from the previous description you did! Great piece of kit and I have not seen one on the road for donkeys!

Haha four lads in my town had one in the mid to late 90s but they either got nicked, hedged or scrapped! Given up on it a few times but I'm not far off now, few bits and bobs and it'll be ready, about 95% standard as well :)

It's great to see at least someone is still having fun in one of those! I had one from around 1989 to 1992. Used to really nail those who preferred Pug GTi's :lol:

Oh yes! Even standard but with a group a carb, bigger jets, bigger filter, nice exhaust and they'd take anything... Shame about the brakes? :lol:

What colour was yours? This ones pearl white.

Haha four lads in my town had one in the mid to late 90s but they either got nicked, hedged or scrapped! Given up on it a few times but I'm not far off now, few bits and bobs and it'll be ready, about 95% standard as well :)

At around that time I had a RS Cosworth 4x4 Sierra Sapphire, it was soooo slow......ish

mine was pearl white too. 1987 car. Forget the reg now, but I have pics of it back at home. Will have a look at the weekend. Would love to think that it's still going somewhere! Currently have civic type R. Totally different to the gt5, but just as much fun.

Oh yes! Even standard but with a group a carb, bigger jets, bigger filter, nice exhaust and they'd take anything... Shame about the brakes? :lol:

What colour was yours? This ones pearl white.

I'll let you know when I get one so you can feel sorry for me. :D

Cars are fantastic.

Turn the key.....they start

Hit the pedal.....they accelerate to over 100mph

They get you there 999/1000........if not more

They don't eat hay or shiit all over your drive

You can smash them into barriers, obstacles, or other cars and walk away unhurt

They look good

They make exciting noises

They have knobs and levers and lights and gauges.

They don't have moods or headaches

Archived