Rush interview tonight

-JW-

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County @dcfcofficial 59s

A full and exclusive interview with Chief Executive Sam Rush will be available to view on the club's official @YouTube channel later tonight

he is a **** he said on tv this morning we have to get it right and get some one long term,bloody hell cloughie was there over 4 years

steve maclaren has had more sackings than I can remember

All but a few of the special managers get sacked at sometime or another guys.

Martin o'neill was superb at Leicester but got booted at villa and sunderland, does it make him a bad manager cos he's been sacked?.

McCLaren was superb for us, superb for man utd, superb for middlesborough (won the cup and got to uefa final), superb for fc twente (title winners).

Was sacked by England, and Wolfsberg. Resigned from Twente & florest.

Hardly a **** record. And looking at the qpr forums, they are gutted to see him go.

Get a grip guys, clough was obviously, average at best. McCLaren IS better.

Listened to Rush this morning in his brief interview wuth Owen Bradley at PP.

Mmmmm, I spotted a bit of a contradiction.

He said and I quote "the decision was took about 5 hours after the match by the board" but yet the clubs own statement said something like "the search to find a replacement is already well under way" around the same time.

Somebodys not being completely honest here. I don't like fibbers, why should they have my trust?

All but a few of the special managers get sacked at sometime or another guys.

Martin o'neill was superb at Leicester but got booted at villa and sunderland, does it make him a bad manager cos he's been sacked?.

McCLaren was superb for us, superb for man utd, superb for middlesborough (won the cup and got to uefa final), superb for fc twente (title winners).

Was sacked by England, and Wolfsberg. Resigned from Twente & florest.

Hardly a **** record. And looking at the qpr forums, they are gutted to see him go.

Get a grip guys, clough was obviously, average at best. McCLaren IS better.

Whether McClaren is better for Derby remains to be seen.

Rush actually went out this summer to do his roadshows around the parish something different something new unrehearsed questions yet he gets slagged for doing a studio interview perhaps he should have gone into the Marketplace instead talk about histrionics

Rush did his roadshow before the dye was cast on our recruitment...this allowed him to be able to bullshit at will in an effort to try & drum up interest in season tickets.. he hinted at the intended signings being able to make us competive....sure he mentioned quality signings at those roadshows...

Doubt he would of done the roadshow after the penny pinching signings & the loss of Brayford...So mentioning that the roadshow is similar to these circumstances is at best laughable.... 

Mail said they rowed on coach after Forest game about loan signings so was axed can believe that

I bet they didnt row on the coach etc. bet that's just some dramatising.

Bet they picked the rumour up from DerbyMad or the source that the lad on there got it from.

I think it's clear there was a clash. Nigel thought he was the manager. The fool...

Listened to Rush this morning in his brief interview wuth Owen Bradley at PP.

Mmmmm, I spotted a bit of a contradiction.

He said and I quote "the decision was took about 5 hours after the match by the board" but yet the clubs own statement said something like "the search to find a replacement is already well under way" around the same time.

Somebodys not being completely honest here. I don't like fibbers, why should they have my trust?

I think, Ladyram, that he might not be fibbing and that both might be true.

Set aside the 'row on the coach'/daily mail theory for one minute. Something like that would never be the cause of a managerial sacking in itself.

Rush has come in and had a good look around the club. He has decided, like many new CEOs do, that he wants his own team around him - he started with the Director of Finance if you recall and has no doubt made other changes which haven't hit the news in the same way (including Colin Gibson). He also wants a new structure on the footballing side and has been talking about it for some time.

He has probably concluded some time ago, no doubt on the basis of various discussions, that Nigel wouldn't buy into that structure, nor be the best in the role anyway. So the search, very quietly, has been underway for some time - not necessarily approaching people/offering a job, just looking to see who might be available who would fit. Some names would be rising to the top of that search. As CEO he would have spoken to the board about his plans, including the consequences for Nigel. The board would have sanctioned his actions some time ago. In his interview he talks very specifically about three areas - can't recall them all but coaching and 'football relationships' were two. We may mock the latter as management speak but to SR they are important. He will undoubtedly have got board agreement some time ago to this structure.

The actual and final decision to sack Nigel was clearly taken by the board on Saturday. Why exactly then we don't know. My bet would be that it is because he determined that Steve McLaren was the best head coach he could find - not an unreasonable conclusion - and he knew that SM was out of contract at QPR this week. He might have judged that he therefore had to move quickly. The result just helped the timing and maybe if there was an argument, that did too.

For what it's worth my bet would also be that he might also have a plan B and C if SM doesn't work out for whatever reason. This is a guy well connected in football generally, has a very clear vision about how football clubs should work in the modern day, is being supported by his board and is pretty driven and ambitious for both himself and Derby. For all that I really loved him being our manager, and I have been incredibly sad these last few days, more than I thought I would be, Nigel clearly did not buy into that vision. There was only one winner and it wasn't Nigel.

I dont know what people expect, they have come out and explained the thinking, I dont think they could win whatever he said. All this stab in the back rubbish, its the same when every club sacks their manager. I am glad he is gone after all this silly uproar as some fans may come to there senses and get over this Clough dream. We have all debated the money he did/didnt have, slow building over etc etc simple thing is they have decided it isnt going how they wanted so have changed the manger. We are Derby County and no person or name should be bigger than the club but sadly in some fans eyes the Cloughs do seem bigger and more important. Lets all now move on now and back and moan about whoever we employ and hopefully move up the league table

No. What has happened is that Rush came to the club 12 months ago, and yesterday revealed what he had planed for Derby all along. He led Nigel Clough on, although he was never a part of his plans, which is why they say he was stabbed in the back. That being a reason that people are p1ssed. Clough could have left in the summer, giving minimal disruption this season.

Archived