Get Ange Postecoglou

Albert

Want a manager with ambition, motivational skills, an eye for recruiting, an ability to deal with the media properly and who plays attractive football. Then why not Ange Postecoglou?

The ambitious Melbourne Victory manager has shown his innate ability to motivate sides impressively in recent years with many players turning down lucrative overseas deals simply to remain working with him. He also has shown a remarkable ability at getting players into the form of their lives, having now turned around the fortunes of countless players, including multiple Australian internationals, seemingly from nowhere.

His strict adherence to attacking football is one of his hallmarks, and even on his side's worst days they are about as entertaining as you're likely to see. The ball tends to remain permanently on the ground, and fast skilful players tend to have a massive impact under him.

His motivational abilities are also legendary in Australia, and he is known as somewhat of a big day manager. The most well known of his triumphs was the 2011 A-league Grand Final, where Brisbane came back from 2-0 down in the last 10 minutes of extra time, to win 4-2 on penalties from seemingly nowhere. The equaliser that day coming from the last touch of the ball in extra time.

His overall culture is also something that is positive, with a desire and passion for developing the next generation, and developing from within. If the club are serious about making Derby a club where players can come through and make their mark in the footballing world, then Ange would fit that type.

So, if this board do truly feel like being ambitious, and have the bravery to take a real chance on a manager, then Ange is the man. He ticks pretty much every box that a supporter could want in a manager, and if nothing else the promise of exciting attack football would be one worth savouring.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want a manager with ambition, motivational skills, an eye for recruiting, an ability to deal with the media properly and who plays attractive football. Then why not Ange Postecoglou?

The ambitious Melbourne Victory manager has shown his innate ability to motivate sides impressively in recent years with many players turning down lucrative overseas deals simply to remain working with him. He also has shown a remarkable ability at getting players into the form of their lives, having now turned around the fortunes of countless players, including multiple Australian internationals, seemingly from nowhere.

His strict adherence to attacking football is one of his hallmarks, and even on his side's worst days they are about as entertaining as you're likely to see. The ball tends to remain permanently on the ground, and fast skilful players tend to have a massive impact under him.

His motivational abilities are also legendary in Australia, and he is known as somewhat of a big day manager. The most well known of his triumphs was the 2011 A-league Grand Final, where Brisbane came back from 2-0 down in the last 10 minutes of extra time, to win 4-2 on penalties from seemingly nowhere. The equaliser that day coming from the last touch of the ball in extra time.

His overall culture is also something that is positive, with a desire and passion for developing the next generation, and developing from within. If the club are serious about making Derby a club where players can come through and make their mark in the footballing world, then Ange would fit that type.

So, if this board do truly feel like being ambitious, and have the bravery to take a real chance on a manager, then Ange is the man. He ticks pretty much every box that a supporter could want in a manager, and if nothing else the promise of exciting attack football would be one worth savouring.

Nice propaganda from a commercial source?

No, me just now. I've already seen him manage a club in a similar position to where we are at now, and he is one of the best managers I've ever seen. I've said before in the past as well, if Clough were ever to go, if the club are serious about a future they should at least have a go at convincing Ange to come, because this man is in a league of his own management wise.

No, me just now. I've already seen him manage a club in a similar position to where we are at now, and he is one of the best managers I've ever seen. I've said before in the past as well, if Clough were ever to go, if the club are serious about a future they should at least have a go at convincing Ange to come, because this man is in a league of his own management wise.

I thought you had vanished.

Will he also bring that stunning left back from down under with him?

Whosit, played for Gold Coast. Bet he's at Barca now though. :(

Adama Traore...turned down Barca for Melbourne Victory where this Postecogwholooloo is at, maybe he could bring him with him

Whooooooo?

Do they even play proper football down under; I thought it was that stuff where you run and bounced it every few steps, occasionally kicking it over some posts.

Despite the silly name, Melbourne Victory is a surprisingly big club, draws huge support by Australian standards (and even Championship standards) and having a proven record in a salary capped league when the club has shown it's desire to keep the wage bill down might just be the kind of thing the board should look into.

Archived