Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

I'm upset....Feels like the end of another era.

All the very best for the future Nigel.

Thanks for doing your best!

I'm afraid that sentiment apart, it was an era that never really got going.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

savage has gone down as a derby legend for me today, ringing up the phone in from his busy schedule. obviously cares a lot about the club.

Cynically I just think Savage likes the sound of his own voice and would never pass up an opportunity to get his dulcit Welsh tones broadcast. Fair play to him though for sticking up for Clough mind.

Had we won today would Clough still have been Sacked??

When they say preparations are well under way finding a new manager suggests they've been working on it for a fair amount of time.

As your avatar suggests.......

If they sell Hughes before June 30th then they wouldn't have to - the Hughes money would cover the losses and we'd meet FFP requirements with ease.

I just get the impression that the alarm bells have started ringing for them big style and they think they have to act now or accept another heineous loss next summer....the sacking of Clough in a way might flush out the true intentions of the board

I think so. I think they already have someone. For them to say they hope to get someone in for tues says to me someone has been contacted.

If it's Pulis I'll be bitterly disappointed - can't bear that style of football or that philosophy. There are better managers than him out there.

If it's Pulis I'll be bitterly disappointed - can't bear that style of football or that philosophy. There are better managers than him out there.

Indeed. Sadly, probably not interested. Those that are, are worse. Di Canio? Fook off. McClaren? Fook off. Warnock? Fook off.

Disgusting. Another name added to the long list of decent managers this football club has had only for the Board to either get rid of or force their departure. His dad wasn't the first and Nigel won't be the last.

He's been sacked by the people who didn't back him and our football club.

The timing says it all, sacking him after we lose to the gumps by one goal. Just proves the decision makers have no clue about English club football.

It will be awful if it's a hoof ball merchant like Pulis and a disgrace if the new manager gets backed in the transfer marked unlike Nigel.

Nigel you are a legend and I'm gutted you've been treated this way. I saw your first games as player manager at the Brewers, will never forget that 25 yard free kick you scored which just showed your class, and the way you got your teams playing the way your dad said football should be played.

Your dad was right about Chairmen and Directors, they've stuffed you, your dad, and Derby County

Archived